Solved

Cancel/Delete Not Approved Manual Voucher

• 20 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

A user has created a Manual Voucher and he wants to delete or cancel this voucher.
The voucher is in Not Approved status and this is not available in GL Vouchers Analysis window.
Please advise me to cancel or delete this voucher.
I’m in IFS APP 09 UPD 08.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Yoshini Silva 20 October 2021, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

For a manual voucher what you can do is set the status to not approved - then delete all voucher rows  from Postings tab and leave it to use for your next manual voucher. 

OR

Change those two rows to be a .01 debit and .01 credit to have a zero net effect on GL .

Best Regards,

Yoshini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Once created (voucher number assigned)- you can’t delete the entire voucher. But rows can be deleted (in most cases).  

Typically my recommendation would  be - Delete the rows (assuming they did not come from external voucher) and plan to re-use the voucher. 

Set the voucher to not approved, (leave as not approved) and then delete the rows. Use the voucher for some other purpose.  You can change the date, text and other,  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MitDenukN ,

In a different M voucher in the Gl, could you check GL vouchers whether there is a RMB to cancel voucher . If this option is there, then the postings would be reversed. Please check in a voucher already in the GL. 

Best Regards,

Ruwanjala

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello,

it should be also possible to balance (if needed) and approve the manual voucher. Then you can copy the voucher rows and create and approve a new correction voucher. For this purpose you can create a  new manual voucher and enable the checkbox ‘Use correction rows’. Then paste the rows from the initial manual voucher and approve it. The second voucher should reverse the first one. 

Best regards

Georgios

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @MitDenukN ,

When a Manual voucher is created and the lines are added, you cannot delete the entire voucher. Cancelling function is only available for GL updated vouchers. but if it is not yet approved you can delete all the lines and use if for a future transaction. But if you got the recent update where you are not allowed to just delete all the rows and save it as an empty voucher, you will have to add new lines that you are going to enter as your next manual voucher entry. Because with a recent patch we have added a layer where you are not allowed to save a Voucher if there are no lines (empty manual voucher). As there was a bug which enabled empty manual vouchers to be updated to the GL. If you haven’t got that patch onboard, create a support case to the finance function requesting the patch which will add extra security..

Best Regards,

Peshala

Badge +14

Hi All,
I really appreciate your responses :blush: I will try those and let you know the update.
Thanks again.

Badge +14

I could delete the voucher posting rows and advised user to use the header for future use.

Thank you @Yoshini Silva , @Ruwanjala Jayawardena , @Thomas Peterson , @Georgios Schmidt , @Peshala Gamage :blush: