Question

Automatic receipt for recurring expenses ?

• 21 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I was wondering what was the best practice to approve supplier invoices linked to an annual or pluriannual contract.

For example, we have a 3 years maintenance contract with a monthly fix rate. Currently, we are issuing a PO with a quantity of 36 and the monthly rate as unit price. Then, we are asking the requisitioner to register a receipt every month.  This is a painful process and most of the time we need (at accounting) to remind the requisitioner to do the receipt which leads in late receipt, wrong accrual, delay on invoice processing. 

is there any possibility to automatize the receipt or any other solution to improve our process.

Thank you 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

How about a recurring supplier invoice where you have N supplier invoices 1 per month (for example) that has authorizer. 

The event actions for the invoice notifications can email the approver of the invoice reminding them to authorize.   You would simply consider the notification process / utilize the notifications, only send the reminder when the invoice is approaching the due date (or when you need to act on the invoice.).  You can have multiple follow up reminders 1 week before due date, x days before due date, and when due (assuming the approver failed to approve), 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +2

Thank for your answer but I am not sure I understand the proposed solution.

What do you meant by recurring supplier invoice ? Can you insert a print screen how to create It.

Also, would It mean there is no need to create PO ?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Recurring invoice process is an option for manual supplier invoices and instant invoices.  It allows a number X copies of the source invoice for future processing.  It copies the main invoice information as well as the posting lines and other data.  

This is an option from the main page / screen where the invoice is entered. When selecting that option IFS will bring a window asking how often you want a copy, daily or monthly, the frequency (one per month 1 every 30 days for example) and how many invoices for example 12 for a full year assuming 1 per month.  It also included when to start - for example don’t start until October 1. 

No, it would not require a PO.  You would typically assign a code string driving an invoice authorization rule to ensure the correct person or group would be assigned to review and approve.  

Based on the previous posting my understanding was these recurring transactions are not inventory, and as such you do not need a PO. PO is optional for non-inventory.  For the recurring, I would shy away from a PO unless that fits your needs. Sounds like the PO causes difficulties / extra work.  So, for that, you can use a recurring supplier invoice. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you for you explanations. We will give a try to this solution.

Best regards

Alain