Question

Amount Available to Invoice

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I’m trying to figure out the amount available to invoice after orders are shipped, but before they are invoiced.

Create Customer Invoices shows me what orders have items available to invoice, but not quantities or lines.  We ship partials on orders and lines, so just knowing the order number is not sufficient.  We also ship consignment, so looking at the Customer Order Line and comparing Delivered to Invoiced doesn’t work either.

Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

If this was for a monthly accrual - what should we accrue that was delivered and not invoiced during the month, then look at the interim sales function.  The interim sales function is date sensitive meaning it will look for goods that were delivered in July (or earlier) that as of End of day July 31, had not been invoiced.  Even if it was invoiced August 1, it was considered not invoiced as of July 31. 

The process uses extensive logic to calculate what should be the sales accrual. It then creates the accrual and reversing entry (for the following month).

I guess you could start the process as a what if, type concept, although I have not tested it that way. The screen shows data that will be helpful for your needs. 

To run the interim sales process (create voucher) you need a good number of posting controls set up. Typically, all the sales postings can be similarly duplicated to the interim sales. You may want different account numbers, but the other code parts are probably OK. The exception being you would need an AR trade equivalent account that is not a ledger account. We have no invoice from that process, but you would have a balance sheet entry. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

This is not for an accrual.  Our process is to deliver orders throughout the day, but the truck does not actually pick them up until late evening, so we invoice the next day.  I would like to be able to provide the Directors with an amount that will be invoiced tomorrow based on today’s shipments.  I can see the records in the Create Customer Invoice screen, but I can’t tell which lines on the order and how many pieces on those lines shipped from this screen.  Is there a way to get that information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The interim sales functionality (outstanding sales screen) has much of what you would want to see.  Unfortunately, charges would not be shown.    You would go to that screen and search for records delivered on a given date. 

If you need something with charges, you will need some custom report. 

Best regards, 

Thomas