Question

All Parts Costs

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

We are running the All Parts Cost Calculations for all active parts in a specific site, but we are having situations where the costs are not updating. I am having to go back to the Parts Cost page and filter on the Calculation Date and then select the ones that haven’t updated and run the calculations manually.  Any thoughts as to why this is happening, or what we can do to have this function properly?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

Looks like a bug.

If when you run manually, your costs are changing, I recommend to open an IFS Case.

Maybe it was repaired in an update.

Regards.

Badge +4

I think we found the issue.  Since I was filtering it down to the “active” parts, the system was going through all the levels, and if there was any component as part of the manufactured or multi-site connection that isn’t in the “active” status, then the calculation didn’t perform.  We will have to investigate our master data, but for now, we are just not filtering to part status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@KrisBrmml 

You are on the right track, the think with doing All Parts Calculation is that it doesn’t work great with structured costs if you start from a filtered list.  There can be lots of things on lower levels that will stop the calculation and finding it can be a bit of a search to locate it.