Question

Account Structures - Reports

• 28 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello, 

I created a account structure with several nodes levels (8 levels).

1. Is it possible to connect the first levels to Account Groups?
  2. When we connect it to a report, is it possible to have sums for each level?

Ex.:

Report ordered with Superior Grouping Level

The outcome is like the following

So, the nodes are there, but we want it to have the sum and, if possible, skip the page break.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

All of my clients (for years) have been using Business Reporter rather than report generator. Per my understanding -  Rep Gen will not exist in  IFS Aurena client.   So, if you create a Rep Gen report, in all likelihood the report will need to be recreated when moving to a newer release. 

However given your question applies to report generator, I’ll try to answer as best I can.  I

Typically, you would have a report template that defines that we call a SGL as per your example. The SQL is like an overall grouping / sorting function for a given  report. A common example could be a Business Unit P&L where the business unit is the SQL and each BU would essentially be its own section of a report.   Example pages 1-4  is BU1, Pages 5-7 is BU2 etc.  The BU would typically have the page break option so each BU creates the section of a report.   The SGL identifies the superior grouping level and how that level works. The SGL can have grouping text and other.  Then the SQL can have a layout 

Typically if I was using an account structure this would be used with a row template to describe how the details of a given report is presented. Each row can then have a DSL detail line specification. This is very similar to the SQL in options and how it works.  The SGL covers the entire report, the DSL manages how a row looks.   

Depending on the structure, it can be used with the SQL to drive the report. But the structure (for the accounts 8 levels per your comments) would need to have been created very carefully.  The SGL has no ability to say section A of the report show structure node 10, yet the next section has structure node 5. and the following section should be structure node 30.    The data is presented based on the report is essentially driven by the identifiers in the structure. 

A row can say show data from node 10. The next row can show data from node 5, the next row can show data from node 30. 

If still an option I would highly encourage a look at Business Reporter.   Its a far better tool. Sure it takes a bit more to learn, but the tool is far better / offers greater capability

Best regards,

Thomas.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, to continue 

In answer to the question 

1. Is it possible to connect the first levels to Account Groups?

Per the question - No. Accounting Structures are connected to code part values. An account group is not a code part value. 

You can use account groups within report generator to select data and present data, But not within an accounting structure, You can add accounts to a structure node via search, but the account group is not part of a node. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello @Thomas Peterson

Thank you very much for the answer. 

You said that you advise to use the Business Reporter, since it’s available in Aurena. I prefer to use Aurena as well, but as per my knowledge, Financial Reports are not available there (something related to patch ID 156668), is that correct? 

I’m asking it because the report that I need  is a Trial Balance. 

Thank you once again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Business reporter is not Aurena it is a different concept / different UI / different tool.   It’s available for most versions of IFS maybe dating back as far as 2004 or maybe apps 7.  It’s the go forward tool. 

I believe you should have no problems creating a TB in Business Reporter.  It’s one of the first training exercises.   Keep it simple first, then make it more advanced as your BR skills improve.  

Best regards, 

Thomas