Solved

21R2 Error occurred while updating the PO Reference in the Manual Supplier Invoice Only for German Language

• 31 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 9 replies

Hello Experts,

Please assist me in resolving this issue for a 21R2 customer.

A customer is experiencing difficulty updating a PO Reference in the Manual Supplier Invoice Window.

This problem occurs only for the German language; all other languages' PO reference updates proceed normally.

When updating and saving the PO reference, the user receives a error for a specific language (German).

I've also attached a document from the case.

Please share your knowledge of this Error Message. {“error when serializing content”.}

icon

Best answer by Shaaz 15 February 2023, 11:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Shaaz,

This seems to be a bug. Fixed by Bug ID 148004. Can you look into that and see of the issue still exists. 

Best Regards,
Charana

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Shaaz 

Since you are getting the error only when logged in German Language, in 21R2, I think it is good to report to IFS for investigations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, 

We have corrected several issues with German (or other languages) in IFS Cloud. Please check in latest released SU for 21R2 and if the problem exist there report an issue. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

The issue has been resolved

After looking into the problem with the IFS Core Code, I found these code changes and provided a fix, which resolved the issue.

Summary:

Basically, before saving a PO reference, a validation method returns a response as a variable, and that variable has a different length,
And that response value that is greater than the variable length will receive this error message, and we advised the customer development team to set both variables to the same length and try to increase the value. 

So, after the customer development team made those changes, they confirmed that the issue was resolved.

(I've included the document that I sent to the customer, which contains all of the technical information.)

Thank you very much,
Shafraz

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

We have corrected several issues with German (or other languages) in IFS Cloud. Please check in latest released SU for 21R2 and if the problem exist there report an issue. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Thank you for the assistance.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Shaaz 

Since you are getting the error only when logged in German Language, in 21R2, I think it is good to report to IFS for investigations.

Thank you for the assistance.