Solved

Unable to login to PSO the next day

• 8 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 10 replies

I was enabled in PSO yesterday and was able to login through the Smart/web client. When I tried logging in today, my profile was not enabled and I could not login. Do you know what may have caused this?

icon

Best answer by roklde 8 March 2024, 16:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi!

I assume you are talking about a PSO environment that is connected with FSM and you are using the “PSO System User”-flag on the FSM Person-record?

Eventually your user got deactivated upon the nightly load - please refer to this thread:

If you have enabled SSO, then your basic authentication user will be disabled as well.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi!

I assume you are talking about a PSO environment that is connected with FSM and you are using the “PSO System User”-flag on the FSM Person-record?

Eventually your user got deactivated upon the nightly load - please refer to this thread:

If you have enabled SSO, then your basic authentication user will be disabled as well.

Best regards
Roman

I believe that is the issue. SSO is not enabled for PSO yet. When it is activate, will this issue still happen?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

SSO / OIDC enablement in PSO is only required when you also want to login directly into PSO and you have users that are created only inside PSO - not via the FSM/PSO User Integration.

Thus, if you have enabled SSO in FSM for your User you have to login to FSM via SSO in order to get into PSO. FSM and PSO are only exchanging a token and your User ID, which is your SSO ID when the SSO enabled flag is set on your User in FSM. Simply ask your admin to check the Users in PSO and which of them is enabled (UserID in PSO = FSM Person ID or UserID in PSO = SSO ID).

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

SSO / OIDC enablement in PSO is only required when you also want to login directly into PSO and you have users that are created only inside PSO - not via the FSM/PSO User Integration.

Thus, if you have enabled SSO in FSM for your User you have to login to FSM via SSO in order to get into PSO. FSM and PSO are only exchanging a token and your User ID, which is your SSO ID when the SSO enabled flag is set on your User in FSM. Simply ask your admin to check the Users in PSO and which of them is enabled (UserID in PSO = FSM Person ID or UserID in PSO = SSO ID).

Best regards
Roman

FSM user ID = SMITHJ

PSO user ID = SMITHJ

SSO user ID = JOHN_SMITH

Does this mean that SSO through FSM to PSO is not possible if SSO user ID and PSO user ID do not match? The SSO user ID is like that due to their email address

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi!

There should be a user inside PSO which should match the SSO ID configured in FSM. This user has to be “active” in PSO. Then you can login to FSM with SSO and jump to PSO. Your basic authentication user should be “inactive” in PSO when SSO is enabled for your user in FSM.

Best regards
Roman