Question

UI Designer Request screen

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I’m wondering if it possible to have only access to the request screen we are looking to have an engineer to access FSM app on site but to only be able to see the request screen only and have access to nothing else if this possible.

I’ve currently been able to restrict him to the 1 place ID on the request screen but they still have access to other screens 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @TSQTINAMCF,

For the above requirement, you can use role functionality to restrict/ allow screens. Then, you need to add the particular role to person’s record.

1. Create a new role as incremental(if you need to disable all the others except defined ones).
  2. Add Menus, Functions, etc. which need to be enabled for the role.
  3. Refresh the cache.
  4. Then, open the person screen and select the correct person.
  5. Add this new role to the person.

Hope this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @TSQTINAMCF 

I agree with Anjula’s suggestion and please make sure that this user is not assigned to multiple roles. If the user is assigned to multiple roles and one of these roles has no access restrictions defined, the user still be able to see the screens. There are different restriction levels available in FSM,

1. If you want to restrict access to complete menu, screen - you can use role functionality and select the type of the restriction as disabled, read-only and no delete.
  2. You can restrict access to specific record (Ex: specific request, specific place etc.) by using access groups.
  3. You can restrict access to specific field in a screen using studio function - UI designer. 
Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi

Thank you I’ve removed all functions and menu is only admin but the person can still gain access to other screens is it possible due to our customization of the system ? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I’ve worked out i need to disable the functions in order to take away the other screens, but if i was to restrict the request screen to only show certain place IDs how would i do that as i currently can only restrict to 1 place ID would like to be only able to see 3 place ID’s currently have under UI designer as the following but would like to be able to view all sites with either the place name of Vertex or ID’s of 5547, 5616 and 6673 is this possible?