Solved

UI Designer- Add a lobby tab

• 21 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 17 replies

Good day,

I want to add a custom lobby in a tab in the “Request” screen.

I got this idea seeing the “product” screen, but I did not found the possibility to add it, cause i can only add “list view, item panel,tab control”.

Thanks in advance 4 your suggestions

icon

Best answer by Saranga Amaraweera 21 June 2022, 15:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi  @AWLF ,

You can simply select the table that you need here (i.e. main table on the screen) and then scroll down to the bottom of the fields. The lobby option is available right down there. Drag and drop this to your desired location on the screen(preferably on an item panel)

On the URL field on the lobby properties simply paste the related lobby id as shown below. This value can be easily taken from the role screen → initial lobby id lookup or from the lobby overview screen itself.

Badge +6

Hi @Saranga Amaraweera, thanks a lot for your help!

I managed to add the lobby that i created but unluckily it not works ( nothing is shown ).

So, Just for test, I tried to link the “product lobby”, the standard one but again nothing is shown, neither errors.

It’s really strange because if i try to follow the standard path ( product → product lobby ) it works, but copying the same link in my customized screen, the link is not working (neither errors)

Have you some extra hints? 

thx a lot in advance

I configured just URLs ( 1 is my custom lobby - 1 is the standard product lobby ):

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @AWLF ,

Have you already designed the lobby based on the request_id here? Please kindly note that you would require to follow exactly the same way how product lobby on the product screen has been defined. .As you can see, you need to pass the request.request_id  (similar to product.product_id) as a parameter as in which needs to be defined on the properties of the lobby. Therefore, a parameter will be required in order to pass your data to your lobby. 

the lobby for product with product id parameter

Or if you don’t have parameters, at least this should be displayed anyhow. Let me check furthermore on my side as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @AWLF ,

I just did a small test to this and found out that it is required to provide a unique or a valid name for the lobby element otherwise, it will not be displayed with the given url (url id for lobby will be automatically removed from the designer). Can you just try this out?

Also provide a control and width percent of 100 to align the lobby on the tab as below

Badge +6

Hi @Saranga Amaraweera 

I’m facing a strange issue: if i push on “save” in the higher menu of UI designer,  the change to proprietis are lost! Is there a way to be sure that the proprietis are saved ?

I can’t add the “name” value as highlighted below. ( i can add it but when i save the ui designer the change is everytime lost! )

Anyway if I unterstood well - Ui Designer:

match with Lobby SETTING:

Maybe I have a doubt on url:

In ui designer, in url field, have I to set the Lobby id showed in “lobby search”? directly without nothing else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Saranga Amaraweera 

I’m facing a strange issue: if i push on “save” in the higher menu of UI designer,  the change to proprietis are lost! Is there a way to be sure that the proprietis are saved ?

I can’t add the “name” value as highlighted below. ( i can add it but when i save the ui designer the change is everytime lost! )

Anyway if I unterstood well - Ui Designer:

match with Lobby SETTING:

Maybe I have a doubt on url:

In ui designer, in url field, have I to set the Lobby id showed in “lobby search”? directly without nothing else?

Hi @AWLF indeed you need to set up the lobby id on the URL field. If the save fails continuously, may be you can try adding this via xml tab? Search for the <tab_group> tab and the lobby tab will be on one of the <tab_item> element