Question

Splitting Activities in PSO with IFS Apps-10

• 5 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Can anyone help me with Splitting Activities feature in PSO 6.9? it is connected to IFS Apps-10. I have done the setups in Activity Type in IFS\Scheduling Basic Data. Allow Multiple Visits is checked in Activity Type & Work Task as well. Cost of Split & Min Visit Duration is also used. But still i am not getting the expected result.

Apart from the above i tried another way, where along with the above setup, i did some more setup in PSO Planning workspace, like setting up the activity type(making it splittable), Shift template(making it splittable). But still i am not getting the desired result.

Can someone help me, what am i missing?

Regards-

Nahin

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Can you send a LOAD message to PSO and look at (or share a screenshot) of the activity that you expect to be split and its activity type? What result did you expect - does the activity not get allocated because PSO doesn’t split it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Alexander Heinze , please see the below screenshots. Expectation was this activity should get splitted over next day which is not happening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

My initial thought was that the activity wouldn’t be split as it was fixed but I have tested on the latest version 6.12.0.29 and the DSE will still split, with the fix only applied to the first visit:

In your screenshot the activity view shows a fixed visit, is that the entire activity? How does it look on the resource view?

Also have you checked the shift allows splits?

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @tomgreenwood ,

see the below screenshot. I have below setup done

Let me know if i have missed anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Alexander Heinze , please see the below screenshots. Expectation was this activity should get splitted over next day which is not happening.

But I see that the activity gets allocated, why should PSO split it? Split is the last resort to get something allocated that would otherwise not. Or do I misunderstand?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

As it was assigned during the overtime, my expectation was not to assign/allocate during overtime, rather to split it on the next day.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@tomgreenwood, can you please share the screenshots of your setups? so that i can check what am i missing here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

As it was assigned during the overtime, my expectation was not to assign/allocate during overtime, rather to split it on the next day.

That depends on the cost ratio of normal time vs. overtime. Usually there is also a cost for the split, so apparently PSO has determined that using some overtime is “cheaper” than the cost for splitting the activity, which may also require additional travel.