Question

Sequence Generation /Step Order in Task Steps table in task screen (FSM)

• 15 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

hi team,

can anyone tell how the Seq for task step is generated. like when we create new step it starts with 1,2.. etc. which is not unique so when to create another task with new step then it will start from 1,2 3..etc

thanks 

MuthuJayashree 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Muthujayashree,

Are you able to clarify what you are asking here? You seem to have answered the question in your post.

The step sequence is unique to that particular task so each task will start at sequence 1 and increment by 1 for each new step added.

The sequence is to show the order the steps should be performed for that task and only apply to that specific task.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Lee Pinchbeck  thanks for the response . 

i am asking how that sequence is generated automatically by clicking new button . can i know where this condition or Property is applied for automation  for sequence in task steps.

thanks 

MuthuJayashree

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Muthujayashree,

There is not a control for this within FSM. It will be a database setting on the task_steps table. What is the reason for needing to change this?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Lee Pinchbeck Thanks for the answer .

I need the same functionality in a new Screen which is designed since i could not find in custom metadata or UI Design Property  . Can you Tell me more how it is done based on new button click.

No, i Don't need to change .

thanks 

MuthuJayashree R

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Muthujayashree,

This is coming from the database table setup itself which is why you will not find it in custom metadata or UI Design Property as they are FSM level elements.

You will need to make sure the table is a child of a parent table and that the field in question has a sequence set against it. These are done at the database level so you will need a DBA rather than IFS assistance to do that.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck