Question

Same task-event several times (mobile)

• 13 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi community,

we have an issue which seems to be very hard to find (also for the support).

Under undefined circumstances, we get the same task_event and related to that the same task-status in FSM/Mobile.
For example, a mobile user changes the task status from enroute to arrived, some minutes later the task status switches back to enroute and the mobile user have to change the task status again.
This happens every day but not on every task. We (and the support) can’t find the cause of this issue.

Does anybody facing the same issue?

Thanks Benjamin

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @BSiemund ,

I am not facing this issue, but have been involved in root cause analysis for similar issues in the past.  I suspect that this is related to connectivity and the timing of updates between mobile and the server.  It will take a microscopic look at everything that has happened to a specific task during the time frame of the behavior.  It’s best if it can be reproduced in a test environment where you can turn logging all the way up without impacting performance for everyone in production.

One scenario that could explain this goes something like:

1. 9:00 - Mobile user changes task status
  2. 9:01 - A dispatcher, business rule, PSO, I/F, etc. makes a change to any other field on the task
  3. 9:02 - Mobile device syncs the update task status message to the server, receives the server update (that still has the previous task status), but does not get the response from the server for the status update.

After this has occurred, the task record on mobile will have the task status that was received from the server.  After the next sync cycle, the response should correct the status back to the change made at 9:00.  

There could be many other scenarios, but it boils down to looking at all updates made to a task from every possible source and all the messages that have gone between the mobile device and the server.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck!