Question

Perform a search for multiple Task IDs

• 29 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I couldn’t find anything related in any of the questions that have already been added in the community forum so I thought I’d ask the question.

Not sure exactly what the purpose of this is as it was asked by one of our users. Is it possible to search for multiple task IDs in one search, i.e., typing in Task ID 1, Task ID 2 and Task ID 3 so they all get displayed at the same time in the list of search results? I’m thinking this was asked because one of our users would like to do 1 search for these tasks Ids and just be able to go back to the search results to view the next task rather than performing multiple searches for each task ID.

Would be happy to explain further if this question doesn’t make sense.

Cheers!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Try a semicolon:

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If you switch to Advanced Search, you see there is much more flexibility for defining queries:

((startswith(CustomerId,'IT200028')) OR (startswith(CustomerId,'IT200031')) OR (startswith(CustomerId,'IT200032')))

Badge +1

Thanks Alexander! I’m still actually pretty new at this. So did you mean typing in the syntax you have specified above in the relevant field, e.g., Task ID, and then replacing your reference to Customer ID to Task ID.

I don’t think I have the same access as you have since my Advanced Search only applies to the screenshot shown below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Oh, my bad. The problem in this forum is that we get mixed questions around FSM and IFS Cloud. My response was for IFS Cloud, so please ignore and let’s wait for the FSM experts.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@JGContractor 

Hi,

you can do what your asking by using the ‘|’ pipe to seperate the task ids, see screen shot

Regards,

Morris