Question

Making Fields Mandatory in XML Map for Outbound Integration

• 12 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I need your assistance with ensuring certain fields are mandatory in our XML map for outbound integration. We are looking for a solution that doesn’t involve Business Rules. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ooha Priya Battula 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Ooha Priya Battula 

Can you please elaborate?

Where these fields should be mandatory? Is it INTEGRATIONMAP screen?

If the answer to the above is yes. Did you consider making the fields mandatory with UI designer?

Cheers!

Badge +1

I just want to make fields mandatory in XML map itself only for that particular outbound. I don’t want to use UI or custom metadata or BR 

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Ooha Priya Battula 

Sorry, but I am not following. Please try to rephrase your question.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I just want to make fields mandatory in XML map itself only for that particular outbound. I don’t want to use UI or custom metadata or BR 

Hi @Ooha Priya Battula 

What’s your scenario here? Can’t you trigger the map based on the constraints? You can either use xpaths conditionally in the map or add the mandatory fields as constraints / input fields in a BR. Could you elaborate more on your requirement if possible?

Badge +1

Hi Saranga,

I have created outbound with 21 fields in mapping tab. Notably, all fields, except for 2, are mandatory for transmitting data to the external system. 

I have a question: Is there any possibility of enforcing field mandatory directly within the XML map itself, without validation BRs? 

Because almost I have to write 19 validation BRs in that case. I cannot keep is_required as Y in custom metadata or or in UI for this particular outbound right. so, please suggest any. 

Thanks!