Question

Load Testing tools/utilities for FSM6

• 14 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m hoping I have not missed anything with the answer to my question in a previous thread but here goes.  As we prepare to enter onto an upgrade path for our instance of FSM6, we are looking to incorporate the ability to execute our regression test plan with a degree of load beyond a few testers manually key-ing test cases into the system.  Has anyone found or better yet successfully used any tools that can be loaded with scripting to replicate the day-in-the-life of the business?  Ideally we’d love to have the ability to take a day’s worth of transaction from our production system and replay them into the upgraded test system because as we have learned, what passes in non-production with no-load may not work in the real world.  Any direction at all would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard Spence

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Richard,

unfortunately, there is no tool provided by IFS out-of-the-box for your requirement but there have been some similar requests to yours in the past and it seems that JMeter is the way to go to perform load testing in FSM. Please check following threads:

This comment is taken from an internal thread:

“i’ve had some success with generating load tests using JMeter. Once you have the Odata token handling set up in Jmeter, it’ just a matter of building the REST API calls to build your workflows.”

You might want to check the “FSM6ODataRESTAPIs” documentation which should be available in the help section of your Smart/Web Client:

As also suggested in one of the above threads it might be beneficial to reach out to your IFS Account Manager to request a Consulting Service for more in-depth support on this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Roman