Solved

LaunchBrowser in Client Script for Mobile

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Good Day All,

This question is regarding the LaunchBrowser function in client script. I am using this client script in Mobile.

when launching the browser with appended text for example:

var url =“www.google.com” + “?”;)

launchBrowser(url);

the result output is www.google.com/?

Am I able to have the output without the slash? so that result output is 

www.google.com?

icon

Best answer by SAMLK 27 July 2023, 10:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@StejonatL ,

I don’t believe that this is something to do with fsm, according to your URL you’re trying to direct to “www.google.com?” in which will give you the same result as “www.google.com/?” when you try it out through any browser. But if you want to have query strings in your url, then you can simply append the string values in your url in the same manner which you have constructed the string above. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

Am I able to parse a string as the browser URL so that it doesnt trigger the forward slash?

I hyperlink a URL that opens another web portal through the Mobile with some parsed information at the back. Eg. Request id etc.

But the URL does not contain the forward slash.

Or is there a way to forcibly remove the forward slash when opening the URL.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

Am I able to parse a string as the browser URL so that it doesnt trigger the forward slash?

I hyperlink a URL that opens another web portal through the Mobile with some parsed information at the back. Eg. Request id etc.

But the URL does not contain the forward slash.

Or is there a way to forcibly remove the forward slash when opening the URL.

Could you reply with a sample URL which needs the formatting

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Sam,

Managed to resolve the issue by changing the front URL by including a .asp at the back before the appended text, this avoids the automatic input of a forward slash when parsing into the browser.

Failure Eg.

www.google.com will automate the forward slash but

Successful Eg. 

www.google.com/Service.asp will let ? go through next resulting in www.google.com/service.asp?text

Thanks for your attention.