Question

Is it possible to display contents of a report attached to a message notification in the e-mail body in FSM?

• 9 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Currently a notification message has been set-up to send a specific report that is triggered by a combination of Monitor Schedules and Business Rule. 

Is it possible to display the contents of the report in the e-mail body instead of only as an attachment. The request is to display contents of the report in the e-mail as well as to attach the report as a Excel file. The customer is using FSM 6 V 12.

Constraints:

1.  The number of rows on the excel file generated as the report is not fixed
  2. Maximum rows on the excel file cannot be predicted
The report required to be displayed in the body of the message notifications

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @AAHALK,

I don’t think you can display same as what you can see in the attachment. But, you would be able to use some dynamic values for message body.

As an example -

This is the sample message with dynamic value HERE

For this, you can create a notification message with dynamic value as below. Depending on your requirement, you can use actual table or view to extract these values.

Badge +2

@Anjula Priyanath Thank you. However my requirement is a bit different.

I want to display in the notification message as a table with a fixed number of columns and unknown number of rows. Each cell will be filled with dynamic values. Like below

P1 P2 P3 P4
{{dynamic_value1}} {{dynamic_value2}} {{dynamic_value3}} {{dynamic_value4}}

Other issue is the number of rows too cannot be specified.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I don’t think it’s possible to do as we don’t have much control to config notification messages using tables, dynamic number of values for each variable, etc.

I believe this is the reason to use the report attached to the email in the current solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @AAHALK ,

As @Anjula Priyanath  mentioned, the message body/text area is basically there to display static information. You can add a table with fixed number of columns via the HTML editor while setting fixed number of output parameters on it but unfortunately populating the data dynamically into it will be impossible as there is no such functionality to format the message text. As previously mentioned, the main idea behind attaching the report into the mail notification should be the same exact reason.

Badge +2

Thank you for the responses @Anjula Priyanath and @Saranga Amaraweera