Solved

Initial Data load on to PSO

• 29 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Team,

We are newly building a project on IFS PSO , Can anyone please advise how to do the initial data load ? is it through XML file loading on to Workbench or through REST API gateway? 

Also I didn’t notice any UPDATE (PUT) REST methods in the swagger , is that means we should use POST for both CREATE & UPDATE ? please advise on this.

icon

Best answer by roklde 29 June 2023, 17:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Rajasekhar,

I assume you are using PSO stand-alone. Are you aware of the PSO Interface Guide (see attached)? This includes several examples and the supported methods. A load can be send as XML to either the PSO (WCF - legacy) Gateway or to the RESTful Gateway. The latter should be preferred when building new integrations. Or are you using PSO together with FSM?

Best regards
Roman

Badge +4

Hi Rajasekhar,

I assume you are using PSO stand-alone. Are you aware of the PSO Interface Guide (see attached)? This includes several examples and the supported methods. A load can be send as XML to either the PSO (WCF - legacy) Gateway or to the RESTful Gateway. The latter should be preferred when building new integrations. Or are you using PSO together with FSM?

Best regards
Roman

Hi Roklde,  Thank you for the swift response and the interface guide. Thank you for clarifying about the data load , we are using PSO stand-alone at the moment and not with FSM.  

May I know what are the other components in FSM that comes with PSO? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Rajasekhar,

could you please be a litte bit more precise with your question?

Best regards
Roman

Badge +4

Hi Roman,

I was just refering your question “are you using PSO together with FSM?”

If we go with that option “PSO together with FSM” , what will be the components or features added to the business ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Please check P. 8 onwards from the attached FSM Overview document for features you can extend your PSO solution with.

Best regards
Roman

Badge +4

Hi Roman,  

Thank you for your assistance on this.  I have a question on Resource Creation ,

May I know how to create a scheduling resource through “IFSSchedulingRESTfulGateway” API ?  as I can see only  “GET  https://MyHost/IFSSchedulingRESTfulGateway/api/v1/scheduling/resource “  and No  POST in the interface guide. When I tried with POST methods the API threw an error “Method not allowed”.

Please Can you advise?

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Rajasekhar,

by looking at the interactive documentation it seems there is no POST method available for resources. I’m not sure if this can be done by using the POST method for Data eventually. You may want to check that by using the interactive documentation at:

Best regards
Roman

Badge +4

Dear Community,

I have added some sample Resource data manually under “Planning” workspace, and also created an activity / resource data using through REST API ( http://…./../IFSSchedulingRESTfulGateway/api/v1/scheduling/data?dataType=SCHEDULE&datasetId=Default&includeInput=true&includeOutput=true ) added under scheduling workspace,  I see the DSE has been picked up the resources from Scheduling workspace and scheduled the activities rather from Planning workspace.  Also I am able to create same resource ( with same resource ID ) in scheduling workspace as already added  in the Planning workspace.  Is this normal behaviour that we can add duplicate resource data in Scheduling and planning workspaces ??  Can anyone please clarify on this ?