Question

Ignore skills functionality on the assign lookup not working as expected

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi All 

This is regarding a case 

Here customer has reported that Ignore skills functionality on the assign lookup not working as expected 

When I doing the investigations I noticed there is no connection between skills mentioned in task and assign button lookup 

So

1. Are there any connection /relation between skills in task screen and assign button look up shown below ?
  1. what is the purpose of Skills in task screen ? 
  2. What is purpose of ignore skills checkbox in assign button lookup because I see no difference by tick and untick that ?

Thanks and Regards 

Shobana 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Shobana,

Skills can be specified on person records and task records and this skill information assists us in selecting a appropriate person/technician when assigning tasks.

1. Are there any connection /relation between skills in task screen and assign button look up shown below ?

You can define certain skills and skill levels under the skill tab of tasks. This skill and the skill level will be considered when you are assigning a technician for the task using the Assign button. Technicians appear in the assign button look up will be sorted according to the skill and the skill level.

1. what is the purpose of Skills in task screen ? 

Like I said skill can be used to sort technicians when assigning tasks. Lets say you need technicians with the skill “Certified Technician” and with the skill level Advanced to handle a task. When you define the skill and the skill level accordingly in the task, FSM will fetch technicians with skill “Certified Technician” and “Advance” skill level when assigning the task.

1. What is purpose of ignore skills checkbox in assign button lookup because I see no difference by tick and untick that ?

When the ignore skills checkbox is ticked, FSM will not consider the skill and the skill level of technicians when assigning tasks.

Thanks and Regards,

Geeth

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Shobana , 

To give you an overall answer - Skills are considered in terms of Scheduling

In this scenario, Even though it might depend on the data, I would expect the Ignore Skills to have some effect.

I tried adding a product with skills to the task and then giving certain of the team's technicians access to those skills. I predicted that the assignment process would favor technicians with the right skills over those without. When Ignore Skills was checked, I anticipated that favoring to disappear. but it did not. I’m guessing this to be a bug. 

thanks

Kalpa

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Thank you so much @Geeklk  and  @Kalpa Perera  

Regards 

Shobana