Solved

IFS MWO Service - New Request Quotation

• 23 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Playing around with the IFS MWO Service app for Cloud. One of the features is the ‘New Request Quotation’. When you click it you get a window where you need to enter 4 mandatory fields:

•  Description
  • Customer
  • Service
  • Service Organization

Description and customer are no issue. But under ‘Service’ and ‘Service Organization’ my drop down menu’s remain empty.

Where do I add information so that these become available?

For Service Organization => In IFS app I did find a window called ‘Service Organization’ and I added some default in but this does not seem to go through to the MWO app. Is this the correct window?

And for the ‘Service’ field, I don’t have any ideas. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 23 February 2024, 17:11

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Can you have a look here? IFS Cloud - MWO Service demystified (23R2) - revised version | IFS Community It should explain Service Organizations.

Services are the Service from the Service Catalog (IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R2) | IFS Community)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Can you have a look here? IFS Cloud - MWO Service demystified (23R2) - revised version | IFS Community It should explain Service Organizations.

Services are the Service from the Service Catalog (IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R2) | IFS Community)

Hi Alexander,

This is a brilliant document. I’m going through it from start to finish but it has excellent information, the printscreens are very usefull and the links are very easy to navigate through the different sections of the document.

Looking forward to seeing more of these documpents coming from IFS.

best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You can find 2 more docs here: Service Management in IFS Cloud (23R2) - The Service Demystified Trilogy | IFS Community

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

I’ve been going to the MWO demystified document but I’m still having trouble trying to create a New Request Quotation.

I’ve created basic data in the Service Catalog, created Service Organization, service user group, selected Maintenance org as Delivery unit... but the MWO app still does not sync any basic data.  What could be the problem here?

Is it normal that the ‘Request Quotation’ in the IFS Cloud application also does not allow me to create a new record? Or is there an issue with Permission sets?

Thanks for any tips you might have. 

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Service organization:

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

There seems to be an issue not necessarily tied to MWO, you should be able to create Request Quotations in the web client (works for me in web and MWO):

I suspect this is not a data issue, rather a general permission problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I have tested on 23.2.1, if you are on a different release, it could be a bug. But before considering this, can you create a new Request and a corresponding Request Quotation (directly from the Assistant) to see if you have access to RQs at all?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It seems like there is a bit of an oversight on the Request Quotation screen where you're not able to create a new quotation if there isn't any quotation existing yet. 

Another way to create a quotation is by creating a new request and marking this as ‘Quotation Needed'. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

It seems like there is a bit of an oversight on the Request Quotation screen where you're not able to create a new quotation if there isn't any quotation existing yet. 

Another way to create a quotation is by creating a new request and marking this as ‘Quotation Needed'. 

Hi @Roel van Zwieten ,

Thanks for your input. This did the trick. I’m working on 23R1 and so this looks like a bug.

Initial situation: No abbility to create Request Quotation, not in MWO and not in desktop application (as described in previous posts).

Used tips from Roel to create a ‘New Request’ and tick ‘Quotation Required’. I managed to create a New Quotation Request:

After this I got some additional functionality on the Web application tp create a New Quotation Request.

This allowed me to create another Request Quotation.

Next I went to MWO, and also in MWO I was now able to create a Request for QUotation. the drop downs ‘Service’ and ‘Service organization’ now had options I could select.

ANd I could sent the request for approval.

Thanks for your input!

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Have re-created the behavior in 23.2.3 and logged an internal ticket.