How to extract values from a csv for using in integration functions

• 12 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 59 replies

Hi Experts

This is kind of a trivial question. I am trying to create a csv file map for integration, and in this I have a function setup. I’m trying to extract values from the csv to send to this function. In xml we do something like {xpath:parameter}, what is the equivalent for a csv file?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Miraj 

What exactly are you trying to extract? Have an example?

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Shneor Cheshin 
So as per the screenshots I posted, I’m trying to get the values from the csv file for those respective fields and pass it on to the integration function.

In the example above, first row of csv:
supplier (TRN_SUP04) 
address_id (1121)
phone (452544356)

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@Miraj 

Isn’t the mapping section enough?

Again, I am not sure what you are trying to do.

If this is a flat file processing, you should map between the CSV column and FSM fields.

Something like below

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Shneor Cheshin 

Yes, for most of the fields I use the mapping tab, which works fine.
The scenario here is, I’m trying to create a part with a supplier part. when I do this, if the supplier does not exist I want to create the supplier first using a process (integration function) and then use the created supplier_id in the supplier part creation. so, I am trying to pass the values needed for the supplier creation function, from the csv.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Miraj ,

Did you try using the {xpath:supplier}, {xpath:address_id} and {xpath:phone}? (instead of using {supplier}, {address_id} and {phone} in your process arguments)

I have also tried to use the below csv map with the integration map function as shown below.

Even though this is csv flat file map, I could get the value by using the same xpath method. Please see the below function information as well.

Integration map function

Integration run log

Thanks,

Hasara

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Hasara Dinu Thanks for that. I believe this works with an SQL type function but not with an XML one .
The reason I am using an xml function is because I want to extract a value from the function response and set it to a field and this needs to be done before mapping.