Question

How to add workflow condition to screen in Mobile Designer

• 5 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Guys,

I am unable to add a workflow condition script to one of the screens in Mobile Designer.

This is for FSM Mobile app. 6.18

I realize that screens with the pencil button as below has the workflow condition field, but screens without the pencil does not. How do I enable, add the workflow condition field to screen in Mobile Designer?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @StejonatL 

Which screen you wish to configure? As you already discovered, not all screens are configurable.

Cheers,

Shneor

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Schneor,

I am looking to configure DebriefProductRemove

It is configurable in one design, when I created a new design, the screen is not configurable anymore.

Below is the design where it is configurable

In a new design i created it is not, as below. Any idea as to why and how I may change/enable this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @StejonatL 

The little pencil indicates that you have configured the screen. So you can configure the screen in the new design and then a pencil will show.

However, cannot configure the workflow condition in this screen.

You might want to consider creating a copy of that screen. i.e. custom screen.

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

How do I copy an existing screen to a custom screen?

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @StejonatL 

Unfortenatly, there is no button or method to do this.

You will need to manually create a screen and add all fileds and configurations manually.

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

H @Shneor Cheshin 

1. Do you know the configurations for DebriefProductRemove screen?
  2. Is the workflow condition only enabled for custom screens? Am I able to enable it? 
Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @StejonatL 

1. No. Just look at the acreen.
  2. No, it is also enabled for some of the baseline screens.

As far as I can remember, once you add a new custom screen to a worlkflow (on screen creation) you will have the workflow condition field availble. then you can configure it.

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

Am I able to hide/show this screen via another method?

Currently, I have set the work flow condition for this screen to be hidden/shown for specific task types 

var taskID = getCurrentKeys("task", "task_id");
var taskType = getDBValue(stringFormat("SELECT task_type FROM task WHERE task_id = {0}",taskID));

if(taskType == 'PM')
    {
    return true;
    }

else if(taskType == 'CM')
    {
    return true;
    }

else    
    {
    return false;
    }

If I cannot include this into DebriefProductRemove, workflow condition. Could I include the code in another field? or Include an amended code to other workflow conditions in other screens.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @StejonatL 

You can try using the refresh script.

Insread of return true/false use bool goToScreen(string screenName, bool closeCurrentScreen)  

For example

goToScreen('DebriefExpense', true);

Or

goToScreen("JobList");

Cheers!