Question

FSM6u8 Andoid App Initialisation

• 24 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

When trying to activate an Android device via an Emulator, it is not downloading the database. We have observed in the SmartClient, that whilst trying to activate the device the “METRIX” user account keeps getting locked out. However, we can’t see any any reference in the Web.Config file (for FSM6u8) but, in out production which is currently on FSM5.7.2, we can clearly see the password in that file.

Where is the password setup within FSM6u8? The Android Mobile FSM app seems to be trying to access it with the wrong password as we changed it from the default in our production environment.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @AngeloPav,

What update version are you running in the emulation? There is a known issue with update 11 that will cause the initialisation to not complete as the Android OS will not allow the access required.

Just want to rule that out first.

Do you receive any errors or messages that you can provide to assist?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

HI Lee,

It is an Android 10 OS device.. I will see if I can get some info out of the log for you.

Thanks and best wishes,

Angelo

Badge +1

actually i have also faced the same issue while testing on emulator.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@gapzop 

How did you overcome it?

Badge +1

@gapzop Roblox Guides get-mobdrovip.com

How did you overcome it?

i didn’t overcome yet. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@gapzop 

Okay, I overcame it by modding the app.  The problem for us was that the Android Download Manager would not work with our Dev environment Network, it would just queue the files thinking it had no Network connection.

I modified the app to bypass the Android Download Manager (files are queued in two places within the app) and used a file stream to stream the files form the server into the desired location on the device. You then have to add code to process the files (unzip, tell system datatbase is downloaded etc) as this is usually done by a notification from the dowload manager (which obvioulsy no longer happpens due to the mod)  This mod worked well for us.