Question

FSM sideloaded - best practice

• 31 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Currently, we have users sideloading the android app of FSM. 

We have no ADM/MDM software to manage this. Does anyone have experience or best practices for when requesting an update of the software for users in this scenario?

For example, is there a way to send a push message to all users (on a certain software version) that will pop up a message in the app saying ‘A new version is available, click here to update’ and a user can click update, where the download will occur in the background and then ask for installation. After installation, the app reopens and user logs in.

I have seen this in ‘other’ sideloaded apps and it works well.

3 replies

Badge +2

@JuniSihombing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @leewicks,

This is really describing the main benefits of an ADM/MDM as they are designed to handle this.

FSM has an ability to push notifications down to users but these would be text only so unable to have a ‘click here’ and can be ignored by the user.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +2

Hi @leewicks,

This is really describing the main benefits of an ADM/MDM as they are designed to handle this.

FSM has an ability to push notifications down to users but these would be text only so unable to have a ‘click here’ and can be ignored by the user.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Thanks for the reply @Lee Pinchbeck , I understand the benefits of using MDM, but we are not in a position where our clients are using a manageable device. Therefore I am really looking to see any ideas or best practices to working with the sideload app.