Question

FSM mobile upload attachments from mobile storage

• 20 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Experts,

In FSM mobile  there is this paper click icon where we can upload attachments saved in the mobile storage.

When I launch this, it will direct to the mobile storage BUT non of the files are visible here. I would expect this should allow us to attach different file type such as pdf, txt, docx, jpg etc but none of them are shown though the files are actually exists in the storage.

What is causing this issue, I have given Storage permissing also no Blacklist for these file types?

But files exists in the folder.

I check all other folders as well but nothing is shown.

Thanks,

Kasun

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @KAMANUK 

What FSM version? What is the device OS?

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @KAMANUK 

Also check app param ATTACHMENTS_BLACKLIST

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @KAMANUK 

What FSM version? What is the device OS?

Cheers!

Hi @Shneor Cheshin ,

This is version 6.23. Mobile OS is Android 12. Nothing is added in Blacklist.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@KAMANUK Are you using some kind of corporate device policy, that may interfere? Did you try on a different device / Android OS combination? Was it working in the past?

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @roklde ,

I tested with 3 of my personal mobiles which runs versions 10, 11 and 12.  Version 12 does not show any files but I can see files in Android version 10 and 11.

What additionally noted is, in old versions I can see Storage Permission but in version 12 it is not shown, could this be the issue or is there some other settinsg that could affect this?

Version 11

Version 12.

Thank you,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Thanks Kasun.

I don’t think it’s because the storage permissions are missing as you can access the storage but no files are shown. I would except you wouldn’t even see the folder structure if the app can’t access the device storage. Not sure, if this may be related to something in the apps manifest (target SDK) as Android made changes to their storage permissions as following:

•  Starting from Android 11 (SDK 30), apps can no longer access the entire external storage with the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission. Instead, apps must use the Storage Access Framework (SAF) to request access to specific files or directories. This is a security enhancement to protect user data and privacy.

• If your Android app was previously targeting SDK 31 and was able to access the phone's gallery with the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission, but it stopped working after updating the target SDK to 33, it's likely because of the new storage permission changes introduced in Android 11 (SDK 30) and Android 12 (SDK 31).

There was a similar issue reported by a customer here:

As I’m not a developer I can’t comment on the mobile framework settings. You may want to raise a case for our support to look into this or await for someone else to reply here.

Best regards
Roman