Solved

FSM Mobile - Remove Screen Tip

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello all, 

In our custom screens, we would like to have only title, and no screen tip.

In order to do this, we tried to leave blank the 'screen tip' property as shown in the first image below, but this has as result to be displayed the default screen tip, as shown on the second image ('This is a sample tip with text and stuff').

How could we have no tip at all ? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Anjula Priyanath 31 May 2022, 15:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ioannamourtzaki ,

I was able to recreate this in Baseline Environment. I think this is the usual Application behavior. The designer expects some tip under the main header. If required, you could report this to RnD as an enhancement request if you do not expect anything to be displayed here.

Hope this helps. Many thanks!

Br,
Charith

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @ioannamourtzaki,

We can’t remove these from the standard screen, because this is the screen template defined the source code. As a workaround, can you try with below?

1. Create new message translation with blank message text(null) in back office(smart client).
  2. Message Translation type should be Mobile Screen Tip.
  3. Set the custom message translation as Tip message id.(if you can’t see the newly created one in mobile, try after reinitializing the device)
  4. Click preview.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you both @Charith Fernando and @Anjula Priyanath  for your answers!

About your suggestion @Anjula Priyanath , i tried the workaround, but the system doesn’t accept the blank message text, as shown in the screenshot below.

Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You are correct @ioannamourtzaki 

Message Text is mandatory field, so not possible to do this workaround. Can you try this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

I just tried the same and realized that’s also not possible because there’s no usage of stringFormat for this screen tip message translation. So, it will show what we have typed in message text.

Also, it’s possible to hide the screen tip by removing screen tip message translation in Android Mobile(I couldn’t try in iOS, but it might be the same).

So, the problem occurs only in Windows mobile.

I don’t think we can have any other alternative to overcome this designer limitation in Windows. But, I’ll try to find any.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Anjula Priyanath , yes I tried the same and it is not working. 

What exactly do you mean with “it’s possible to hide the screen tip by removing screen tip message translation in Android Mobile” ? 

Do you mean that it’s possible to hide the screen tip using custom code in mobile?

Thank you for your answers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Anjula Priyanath , yes I tried the same and it is not working. 

What exactly do you mean with “it’s possible to hide the screen tip by removing screen tip message translation in Android Mobile” ? 

Do you mean that it’s possible to hide the screen tip using custom code in mobile?

Thank you for your answers!

No @ioannamourtzaki. I meant if you are using Android mobile device(Android application), screen tip won’t be shown after removing the screen tip. I hope, if you are using iOS device it would be the same.

In windows mobile code, it will show the default tip which exist in screen layout(i.e. This is a sample tip with text and stuff.) if the message id/ value is null for screen tip. But the behavior is different in Android(i.e. It will be show the screen tip value whether it’s null or not).

What are the mobile platform(s) that the customer intends to use?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @ioannamourtzaki 

I tested this with simple steps. Go to your custom screen properties and blank the Tip field. Just leave couple of spaces using the space key in the tip field and save. I tested in windows mobile and this worked fine. 

Just preview the revision and navigate to your screen. You will not be able to see anything as screen tip.

If you navigate back to the custom screen properties, you can see the tip field is filled with (0)

But if you add (0) as the first step in tip field, it will not work. Hence, just leave couple of spaces in the tip field. Hope this may help.