Question

FSM Lobby Substitution Variables - Web Client

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

Substition variable like #Today# doesn’t convert to a database value if passed to navigation parameter in web client,

For instance I have a counter element which can navigate to Task Screen.

Navigation search criteria is “task.plan_start_dttm >$date$ and #Today# is passed to the variable. 

However substituion variable conversion is not happening in web client and causing errors.

(#today# is not converted to ‘today’)

whereas the same navigation is working fine in smart client (#today# is converted to ‘today’)

Does web client lobby has a different substition variables ? Or is this a bug in FSM 6.25 ?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @XitDilshS ,

I am not sure why it was not working for you but hope these screenshots might help you.

1. Data Source: $today$ parameter used within single quotation marks as show below. (this is just a parameter and you can use any name here.

2. Element: Crated a counter element and setup the navigation information as below.

3. Lobby: Create a new parameter and for the time being I have set the default value as shown below.

Here you can see how it looks like when a user navigates to the task screen.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Piumal​​​​​​​

Badge +2

@eluxpiumal conversion doesn’t work in web client if we pass a Substition varibale to a naviationan parameter. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @XitDilshS ,
Sorry for the misunderstanding when providing the last reply.

In that case, I can suggest a workaround but you may have to play with it to check the feasibility. 

1. Use the parameters in Lobby, Element, and Data source as necessary.
    That means whatever the value in the parameter should pass to the task screen with #
  2. Write a client script to manipulate the value when loading the task screen.
    1. You may decide the trigger point as per your need
    2. Fetch task.created_dttm control value and remove the # and return the expected value.
    3. Set the updated value to the task.created_dttm control
    4. Refresh the screen.

This was already achieved in one of the client's lobbies, but I cannot remember the exact steps right now.

Remember this is not ideal but if this is a non-negotiable requirement then it's worth the effort.

Regards,
Piumal 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @XitDilshS,

I also get this issue while designing the lobby. You can use below mentioned tag in your lobby element designer navigation. It`s for getting today`s data 

Target Column = task.plan_start_dttm 

Value     >=Today.AddDays(0)+<Today.AddDays(1)

Thanks

Sumit Joshi