Question

[FSM]Default the value of a field in the lookup popup screen

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,
I am currently having an issue with defaulting the value in a lookup screen. I have attempted to enter the default value in the properties of the field, but it is not being displayed in the field.

I have also tried using the Lookup Navigation of that field and entered the search criteria along with the value. However, the value is only displayed when I click the loope icon of that field on the Lookup , and the pop-up shows the default value that I have inputted in the Lookup Navigation.

What users would like to see is the default value being displayed when they click A BUTTON , which triggers the lookup popup screen. The lookup popup should be populated, and the defaulted value should be displayed without the need to click the loope in the popup again to have their default value. 
Is there a way to manage this through configuration, without the need to create any custom script?

I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

Btw, FSM 6U23 is used for this scenario.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @ChingL 

I am not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve.

You could try:

• A client script to populate the field
  • Default value in custom metadata

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ChingL ,

When you say that you have tried using the set lookup navigation what are the values you have there. for example. In the screen shot we see that the value that will default into the team_member.person_id will be ‘RUMOUS’ when the popup search screen opens. 

and it will overwrite the value coming from task.person_id. If we remove RUMOUS from the value column then whatever value is in the task.person_id will default into the lookup screen.

I hope this helps.