Solved

FSM Alias tables for FSM tables

• 19 December 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi FSM experts,

I’m facing an issue where I cannot update a record using an alias table. I’m using PERSON2 FSM alias table and when I try to update the mobile number field it is not saving the value, neither it gives any error messages.

Appriciate any help

Kind regards,

Anupama Nagahawatta

icon

Best answer by SAMLK 20 December 2023, 07:53

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @AnupamaHN ,

Alias table is merely a reference to the primary table where it does not contain the physical table structure. Why aren’t you using the PERSON table instead?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @SAMLK 

PERSON table is already used in the header part of this screen. But in this scenario I need another connection between person and team member table. Please fins the UI joins below. 

So there’s no possibility to update the record through the alias?

Kind regads,

Anupama

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @AnupamaHN,

You can use Person table again to join it with TEam_member table.

Directly set Person table with person_id and team_member with person_id

Thanks

Sumit Joshi

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @SAMLK 

PERSON table is already used in the header part of this screen. But in this scenario I need another connection between person and team member table. Please fins the UI joins below. 

So there’s no possibility to update the record through the alias?

Kind regads,

Anupama

Hi @AnupamaHN 

Not required to join the team member table with the person alias table. Try to join person and team_member tables together with person_id primary column. Then get the relevant column from the person metadata as the PERSON is the one with the physical table structure.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @SAMLK 

Thanks for the help. Joining the team_member with the person table directly won’t be possible as there is another conncetion between the same tables with the person_id_leader column. So I have to use an alias for the second connection. 

Apparently it is possible to edit a field coimg from a FSM alias table. Please see the below community post.

But in my case it wasn’t possbile. Wondering whether there are some other setting that needs to be in place?

Kind regards,

Anupama Nagahawatta

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @SAMLK 

Thanks for the help. Joining the team_member with the person table directly won’t be possible as there is another conncetion between the same tables with the person_id_leader column. So I have to use an alias for the second connection. 

Apparently it is possible to edit a field coimg from a FSM alias table. Please see the below community post.

But in my case it wasn’t possbile. Wondering whether there are some other setting that needs to be in place?

Kind regards,

Anupama Nagahawatta

Can you share all the relationships with the primary keys which you have mentioned here?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @SAMLK 

Sure, please refer the screenshots below

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks, can you also explain the header section and the crew listview as well? I will try to replicate the same in my local environment

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Thanks heaps, 

Header section: It is the baseline my profile screen structure for the technicial portal which is the person record

My crew tab: Idea of this tab is to have a members under a certain person record. The header person record will be the team lead specified for a specific team in the team record. My crew tab in a duplicate view of the team member tab on the team screen

Hope this is clear

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @AnupamaHN,

Just create a person2 in custom Metadata and there is field called “Alias of Table Name” there put “Person” as table name. Then try to create a relationship in Child editor relationship.

Though I am not sure it will work or not but in system it will create a table person2 and then you can establish relationship here.

Thanks

Sumit Joshi

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks heaps, 

Header section: It is the baseline my profile screen structure for the technicial portal which is the person record

My crew tab: Idea of this tab is to have a members under a certain person record. The header person record will be the team lead specified for a specific team in the team record. My crew tab in a duplicate view of the team member tab on the team screen

Hope this is clear

Hi @AnupamaHN 

Sorry for the delay in response. I have just replicated the scenario in the ui designer with a custom screen. This anyways seems to work for me even with the baseline PERSON2 alias table. The records were updated successfully. Yes your argument point was correct the datatable structure points towards the physical table.

Please check the item path for mobile phone as well. You might need to set that manually if it’s not pointed correctly

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @SAMLK 

That’s very strange, I have the Item path set as well but it doesn’t allow me to add a value to the mobile field and save.

Can you update the record?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @SAMLK 

That’s very strange, I have the Item path set as well but it doesn’t allow me to add a value to the mobile field and save.

Can you update the record?

Yes I can update the record,

What’s the FSM version that you’re using?

Can you also check the relationships as showed in the ss below?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@SAMLK

I’m trying this on the web client could there be a difference?

When I try to change and save nothing happens. Then when I try to refresh the page it asks whether I need to save. Then when I click YES it rolls back the change I did and save it

Relationships on the UI are indetical to yours and I’m using FSM6U26

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@SAMLK

I’m trying this on the web client could there be a difference?

When I try to change and save nothing happens. Then when I try to refresh the page it asks whether I need to save. Then when I click YES it rolls back the change I did and save it

Relationships on the UI are indetical to yours and I’m using FSM6U26

@AnupamaHN , 

Yes I’m also observing the same behavior as mentioned here  on the web client which seems to be a potential bug as it works fine on the smart client. May be it would be better to raise a support case incident for this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@SAMLK Thank you so much for the help