Solved

FSM 6 - Upload to SFTP Server

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello everyone,

I have a client requirement that specifies that the attachments made on a Request/Task should be sent to an SFTP server.

Besides the hostname and credentials, what is needed to upload the files to their server?

When configuring a Monitor Schedule of the type ‘Process (S)FTP Upload’, the 'File and Folder options’ are referring to the IFS folder structure or the SFTP Server? If it is IFS, how do I know which folders should be used, besides the Attachment Directory defined in the App Params?

Thanks in advance for you attention.

Best Regards.

icon

Best answer by ruben.maas 31 March 2021, 15:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @JMoura , 

This cannot be done easily through configuration. 

Yes, FSM can extract data in XML,JSON or CSV. 

but extracting an attachment is unfortunately not supported through configuration. 

(with custom code this can be done off course). 

Besides, for sFTP we rely on third-party software nevertheless.

For FSM on-premise the sFTP upload is done by WinSCP component, however this is not supported in the cloud though. 

I would recommend to implement such requirement outside FSM. 

You can use Business Rule Process “81” - Attachment Directory, to set the attachment folder for certain type of attachments.

Then use an external solution e.g. WinSCP  (but there should be plenty of others i think) to automatically upload the file from the FSM Attachment folder to the sftp server.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_automation

hope that helps, 

Ruben

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @ruben.maas,

Thank you so much for the fast response! I still have a couple of questions, if you are able to help me clarify this out.

We are using FSM on-premise, so your suggestion is to set up WinSCP (or similar) to listen to a specific folder on the machine (specified by the Business Rule Process “81”), then if WinSCP detected changes, it would upload to the client’s sFTP server in the desired folder structure, is that it?

This way, since we would be implementing the requirement outside FSM, the attachment extract limitation would not be an issue.

Best regards,

João Moura

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @JMoura ,

Yes you are absolutely correct.

The key here is to place the attachments, which needs to be upoaded to sftp folder, in an separate folder.

This can be done using Business Process 81 I expect. 

The rest can be configured outside FSM.

-Ruben

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks once again for the clarification @ruben.maas, I think this is now clear from my side.

Best regards,

João Moura