Question

Copying Shift Patterns

• 23 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Team,

Is there any possibility to copy Shift Categories, Shift Template Sets & Shift Templates from one dataset to another dataset.

Regards,

Shiyaz

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

How about putting these into the modelling dataset and letting all scheduling datasets reuse that one? Of course depends on what upstream system is used.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Alex,

Different countries having different Shift Patters. If i add this pattern then it will disturb their countries pattern.

Is there any other way i can get it copied. as there are almost 60+ Patters & 100 + Shifts need to be created.

Regards,

Shiyaz

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

My only idea would be to maintain them externally (e.g., in Excel, that’s what I do for a smaller amount of data) and load the necessary ones individually. But let’s see if the community has add’l ideas.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Alex,

Adding 60+ Patters *individually is not a easy task

Regards,

Shiyaz

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Alex,

Adding 60+ Patters *individually is not a easy task

Regards,

Shiyaz

I was more thinking of maintaining them in one place (Excel or whatever) with a list of countries that need them. You could then create XML files per country that only include the relevant entries.

If you want to create them in one dataset and export/import to another dataset, I’m not aware of anything other than XML export, data massage, XML import.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Team,

Can some one share the solution if anyone have any ideas.

Regards,

Shiyaz

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Shiyaz,

Does this work for you?

• Create a new modelling dataset
  • Export the current modelling dataset (with the 60+ shift templates etc)
  • Import into the new modelling dataset

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Shiyaz,

Does this work for you?

• Create a new modelling dataset
  • Export the current modelling dataset (with the 60+ shift templates etc)
  • Import into the new modelling dataset

Thanks,

Tom

If i import the Modelling dataset will that copy all the resources details, or it will copy only shift patterns. Because we need only shift pattern

Regards,

Shiyaz

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Shiyaz, it will import all the data.  When you import a modelling dataset through the UI it overwrites all the data previous data, if there is any.

If you only need the shift template you could manually edit the .arp file to remove the data you don’t need before importing.

Kind Regards,

Tom