Question

ARP - Migrate Shift data from ARP to FSM

• 31 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Anyone running ARP in PSO alongside FSM?

I’m working through implementing ARP and one of the items I’m looking at is after the shifts have been generated in ARP, how to get that data back into the the FSM tables.

This is so we can replicate data into the FSM Schedule Board. (I know , I know, I have a 10 year reliance on the FSM SB to break and get users to use the PSO Workbench).

But just wondering if anyone has extracted shift data from ARP and populated that into FSM? 

Cheers Ady

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @AdrianEgley 

Back in the day (about 2 years ago) we checked the option.

The conclusion was there is no easy way to do this. If it is possible it will require customisations both on PSO and FSM side.

I’ll be happy to hear I am wrong and things are not so complicated.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

I’m pretty sure ‘Back in the day’ is reserved from the period about 20 to 25 years ago 😂.

I’ve kind of managed to do this using a SQL Insert statement. Which gives me the current shift plan from ARP into FSM. So at least the shifts are now showing on the schedule board. In my DEV environment i’m going to see if I can generate the shifts when ARP produces them on a daily basis through a Scheduled SQL job and see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the reply though.

Ady

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @AdrianEgley 

Can you please share your solution?

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

I’m sure there could be a more graceful way.

But I have left this to run over the weekend and daily shifts are being created in the FSM database.

SET ANSI_WARNINGS OFF;

INSERT INTO [Metrix_DEV].[dbo].[shift]
(shift_id, start_dttm, end_dttm, calendar_id, resource_id, person_id, team_id)

select   (select coalesce(max([Metrix_DEV].[dbo].[shift].[shift_id]),0) from [Metrix_DEV].[dbo].[shift]) + row_number() over (order by 1/0) as shift_id 
, s2.start_datetime
, s2.end_datetime
, s2.description
, s2.resource_id
, s2.parent_key
, s2.team_id
from [360_v5_Database_DEV].[dbo].[Shift] s1
join 
(
  select
  max(input_reference_internal_id) as max_input,
   s.id, start_datetime, s.end_datetime, s.description, s.resource_id, t.parent_key, tm.team_id
  from [360_v5_Database_DEV].[dbo].[Shift] s
  join [Metrix_DEV].[dbo].[threesixty_resource] t on t.resource_id = s.resource_id
  join [Metrix_DEV].[dbo].[team_member] tm on tm.person_id = t.parent_key
  left outer join [Metrix_DEV].[dbo].[shift] fsms on fsms.start_dttm = s.start_datetime and s.resource_id = fsms.resource_id
   where convert(date,s.start_datetime) >= convert(date,GETDATE()) 
   and fsms.shift_id is NULL
   --and tm.team_id = 'NORTH WEST'
   group by start_datetime, s.id, s.end_datetime, s.description, s.resource_id, t.parent_key, tm.team_id
   ) as s2 on s1.id = s2.id
   where s1.input_reference_internal_id = s2.max_input

order by s1.resource_id, s1.start_datetime

SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON;

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@AdrianEgley 

So this is a DB process that runs on the PSO DB and inserts into the FSM DB?

Not sure I am following. Heppy for more details if possible.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Shneor Cheshin 

Yes, that’s basically it.

I have set this a SQL Job to run each morning, and it will take any shifts from PSO that aren’t in FSM and create them.

Ady