Question

Are these graphs high?

• 30 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Smart client:

Web client:

Nope, there’s just a messed up date format.

How can we fix it so that the date format is the same on these lobby elements regardless of client?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

HI @christine.munthe ,

I believe that you can simply configure the dttm iso format with a simple sql conversion in the data source designer

You can try this small piece of sql on the column section (replace your datetime field with YOUR_DTTM field). Once the formatting is done, refresh webclient cache and open the lobby up in a new tab

CONVERT(varchar, YOUR_DTTM, 104)

There are plenty of conversion examples in sql date formatting on the web. 

ha-ha to the topic btw 😂

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Saranga Amaraweera ! We tried your suggestion, but the issue is not the source, it’s how it is portrayed differently in smart vs. web.

The source is the same → the output is different

:-D Yay for good humor during trying times! Dates and formats in FSM are the bane of my existence. (at work anyway)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @christine.munthe ,

I thought your main concern was on the datetime formatting because I have already tried this out with the given conversion. Well, I need to check this how it is being formatted differently on the web client & smart client. I assume that this might have been raised by other users as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @christine.munthe ,

I thought your main concern was on the datetime formatting because I have already tried this out with the given conversion. Well, I need to check this how it is being formatted differently on the web client & smart client. I assume that this might have been raised by other users as well.

Looks like your graphs are … affected, by something, as well. xD 

Anyway, we couldn’t find this issue in any other community thread. Maybe it is a bug and not a feature after all?

//Christine

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @christine.munthe ,

Hahahha the graph is just a demonstration xD Have you tried added the dttm value as an order by statement, by the looks the graph is kind of inverted with datetime order correct? I was unable to find a better reason for this but if none of the suggestions worked, it would be best to log a support case.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @christine.munthe ,

Hahahha the graph is just a demonstration xD Have you tried added the dttm value as an order by statement, by the looks the graph is kind of inverted with datetime order correct? I was unable to find a better reason for this but if none of the suggestions worked, it would be best to log a support case.

We will try ordering by dttm, thanks :-)

Case already logged, but smh it takes 2-3 months to get a solution IF it is a bug.

//Christine