Solved

Unhandled Security Checkpoint Error on approval process

• 12 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

We are receiving an unhandled security checkpoint error.  

This is on attached approval processes when using an approval template. So in the example below, it is on an Inventory part.  It also happens on a Supplier for Purchase part as another example.  However, it does not happen for any of our document approvals within the document revision screen.  

I did see another post that recommended going to system parameters and turning the Security checkpoint framework available off and then on again….but this did not correct our issue.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 18 October 2023, 20:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I'm not totally sure, but I think we might not support security checkpoints on approval steps yet in IFS Cloud. Do you need them? If yes, create an idea here on IFS Community. If no, toggle the security checkpoint off for each of the steps in the approval template.

Badge +4

Thank you very much Mathias.  That does appear to be the case.  For now, we have togged the security checkpoint off and are assessing our requirement for this in the future.  

Appreciate the info!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for reporting back!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Mathias Dahl 

Is there an “Idea” posted that I can UpVote for this?  We have just discovered this ‘sign-off’ doesn’t exist and is very much required as part of an auditable requirement we have in one area of our business.  

Might I ask which piece of documentation we would have seen/been notified this functionality had been dropped?  

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@PRODQ 

I don't know if there is an idea about this, sorry. To be on the safe side you should create one.

As for if and where this limitation is mentioned I also cannot say if we did it. We should of course inform customers when functionality has not been implemented/uplifted/whatever we call it, from IFS Applications to IFS Cloud, but sometimes we simply missed doing so. That's what I can say at this time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi all, 

I have created a requirement for this to be considered for the next DocMan product excellence release.

Best wishes - M

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@epruitt In our latest cloud track and you can proceed with above flow without any error. 24R1