Question

LOBBY AND OPENING THE LAST RELEASED VERSION OF A DOCUMENT

• 21 October 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello,

I am trying to open the last released version of a document via a Lobby Element. Please see screenshot below.

Please see URL Address below:

ifsapf:frmDocumentContainer?DOC_CLASS=INTERNAL&DOC_NO=$DOC_NO$&DOC_SHEET=1&DOC_REV=E&ACTION=VIEW&LATEST_RELEASED_REV=TRUE

Unfortunately the URL is not passing the doc no at the moment. I am getting these sort of error

If I hardcode the doc number, i.e. I replace DOC_NO=$DOC_NO$ with DOC_NO=1123441 it works.

So, something is wrong with this part of the syntax.

Many thanks for your help

Miguel

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Perhaps the error message is right though, that the document you click on does not have a released revision?

You did not explicitly say that the document 1123441 is released, so I had to ask...

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Try to modify the URL of one of the standard lobby elements that shows documents and which you know work, and see if that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl , thank you for your email. Please see below the doc is in status Released

I should have mentioned that we are in IFS 9.

I have not developed yet a Lobby element that opens a document by just clicking in the Lobby element list line

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Ah, Apps 9. Then there are no Docman lobby elements. You should look at other elements that have working links then. If there is a way to get a DB column value working in a URL/link (there must be but I have not tried in a long time), that should work with that form, too.

You’ll figure it out!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl I have checked the v10 learning environment and I can only see hardcoded document numbers been passed via a lobby element to open a document. I am so close to have something very useful implemented. Please see below I have a parameter picker on the right that list the documents on then left. All I need now is to be able to open the docs via clicking on a link on the left.

Any further tips will be very much appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

How did you determine/see the hardcoded values? Did you look at the lobby element definition?

I can assure you that there are no hardcoded document numbers in the URL for any official lobby element that we release since that would not make them very useful :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I had a quick look at this and I did not find any lobby element that seems to refer to data in a list, to build the link. Many had $COMPANY_ID$ in them, but that is probably some sort of global, or per-lobby value, that can be embedded that way.

So it could be that you are out of luck here. The navigation for most lists seem to be happening behind the scenes, the element itself does not need to build a URL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I found a few elements that had links like this one (named SERVICE_CONTRACT_OVERVIEW):

ifswin:Ifs.Fnd.CompositePageRenderer.PageContainer?page_id=35aa59a1-09b9-4cbb-92af-221cec8b8ead&&COMPANY=$COMPANY$&&SITE=$SITE$&&STATUS=$STATUS$&&CONTRACT_TYPE=$CONTRACT_TYPE$&&COORDINATOR=$COORDINATOR$&&CUSTOMER_NO=$CUSTOMER_NO$&&CONTRACT_MANAGER=$CONTRACT_MANAGER$&&CONTRACT_ID=$CONTRACT_ID$&&PERIOD=$PERIOD$&&COST_REV_PERIOD=$COST_REV_PERIOD$&&QUOTE_NO=$QUOTE_NO$

A lot of “substitution variables” there, but I guess they are all of the type I mentioned earlier, and not data from the list itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If I’m right, it’s a pity you cannot pull this off, since lobbies are a nice way to present lists like this. You can however solve this in other ways, for example by using saved queries. Or simply accept that you cannot activate the viewing of the latest revision. See what happens if you remove everything in the link apart from ifsapf:frmDocumentContainer. Perhaps the form would be populated with data for that document and the user could simply click View?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

And you could make sure to only list released documents in the data source.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl thank you for your feedback

Please see below for v10 Elearn. It makes sense that the doc no is hardcoded in the lobby element in these cases, however it doesn’t help me solving my issue. I have not give up yet !

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This may sound strange, but I think you should give up :) There does not seem to exist a feature where one of the columns from a list in a lobby element can be used as a value in the link used for navigation.

Look for other alternatives, some of which I outlined above.

It’s not very hard for a user to learn to click View, is it? (assuming you have already selected the correct document revision from your data source)

Have a nice weekend!