Question

Is it possible/easy to move document files in file storage, FSS, that are in TST to UAT environment?

• 24 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

When after document migration of several million document revisions with document file from IFSApp8 to IFS Cloud 22R2, it is time consuming to first migrate document files to TST and then to UAT,  when you clone TST to UAT.

Is it possible/easy to move document files in file storage, FSS, that are in TST to UAT environment?

Best Regards,

Geir 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Geir, thanks for asking here.

As you probably guessed, this is more of a Cloud Operations question than a question about Document Management.

I imagine that copying the files from the Azure Storage (AS) in one environment to AS in another can be done in two main ways:

1. Using a tool that reads data from the AS connected to one environment and directly (streams) writes the data to the AS connected to the other.
  2. Using functionality available in Azure to quickly copy files between two AS instances.

When it comes to option one, IFS (R&D) has not developed such a tool but it can be developed. The files can in theory be accessible directly from the AS account, but I don't know if you/we have the credentials to login to UAT and TST. An option we do have is to use a projection/API, which is what the FS mig tool does.

As for the second option, I am mostly guessing that there are ways to more quickly copy data between AS accounts, but I don't know for sure.

Can we get some clarity on the above, @Tim Jenner @ianm @chanaka-shanil ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

HI Geir,

The clone process at the moment does not clone the actual files in the File Storage. But this is something we are planning to add in the future.