Solved

Import view copy with the create document assistant

• 2 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear experts,

With IFS Cloud 22R2, when using the create document assistant, the view copy (PDF file) is not imported in addition to the original document.

On the contrary, if I check-in a document from the document revision window, the both files (PDF & original) are imported.

Is it normal that it is not working with the create document assistant ? I remember that in V8, it was working.

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by xeam-eran 3 February 2023, 13:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Carole

As from what I have understood the Create document assistant does not utilize the Aurena Agent, which is the part that handles the automatic check in of view copies.

Regards,
Erik

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Erik is correct. We want to enable the Aurena Agent in more pages and assistants, but it's sometimes a challenge to get a good user experience at the same time. We are working on it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you so much for this feedback !

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Today, most of our documents are created from a template. Consequently, in the 23R1, we are using the assistant “new document from template” or the “create document assistant”.

Most of the time, a view copy is required. As these 2 assistants do not support the aurena agent, we are not able to check-in the view copy at the same time of the original document. 

So, is there another way to benefit the use of a template and the possbility to check back in the document along with the PDF as the view copy without making too many click ? 

In addition to this, I saw in a post the below screenshot of a microsoft office add-on : 

Maybe this can do what we expect but the add-on I installed is different...

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@AndreasIsengaard ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey @Carole, what you installed is the IFS standard add-in.

The screenshot you are comparing with is from our software suite called Office Automation Suite (see Microsoft Office Integration - Addovation ) built by us at Addovation.

Our new product line for IFS Cloud looks a bit different, but can still do the same (create a PDF view copy) - here is a sneak peek of it:

We havent update our web site yet with our new IFS Cloud series product suite so I suggest drop a mail to our sales rep Nicklas (nicklas.ljungholm@addovation.com) if you wanna know more. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@AndreasIsengaard 

I better understand now. Thanks for your feedback !

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Erik is correct. We want to enable the Aurena Agent in more pages and assistants, but it's sometimes a challenge to get a good user experience at the same time. We are working on it.

FYI, we are going to have a look at this (add view copy support in one or several document assistants) for IFS Cloud 23R2, but it's a late addition to the plan and we cannot make any promises it will be added.