Solved

Document Access after Migration

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Post-migration of documents and document files from Apps9.

• I have a document revision where the Responsible Person = BSCOTT (connected to User BSCOTT).
  • The History tab shows that an access line for BSCOTT was inserted at migration for Administrator: 1, Edit Access: 1, View Access: 1 and there is no record in the history tab that this line was ever removed.
  • There are no records in the Access tab of the document revision page.
  • The View Document command is not available to BSCOTT at the document revision page.
  • Run the Generate Results in the Access tab and the only result is User IFSAPP has Admin Access as a DocMan Administrator.
  • Connect the document revision to a Sales Part.
  • Sales Part is not used to control access to documents.
  • At the Sales Part, user BSCOTT can View the document file per the screenshot below.

Anybody ever encounter this discrepancy in access?
Any idea what could have been missed in the migration?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 3 May 2024, 00:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@matt.watters 

This seems to me like the obvious problem:

There are no records in the Access tab of the document revision page.

Right?

Without any access definition, there is no access to the document (apart from a Docman admin, which includes the application owner - IFSAPP in this case).

You need to contact whoever did the migration and ask about why the access records have not been migrated. It should not be hard to migrate them separately, with the right tools.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@matt.watters  I hope this reply finds you well.

Go to doc basic/Document Revision window, in access template window search documents class after that gave access to user. Screenshot is attached for your reference.

Zuhaib
IFS Consultant
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@zuhaib 

Thanks for chiming in. The access template is just used when you create a document though. You cannot change it and have it be applied to all documents (something some users have been asking about though).

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Mathias Dahl  use document revision window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks! That's how we can add access lines, yes. It will not help Matt though since he probably have thousands of documents that are missing access lines.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks! That's how we can add access lines, yes. It will not help Matt though since he probably have thousands of documents that are missing access lines.

I think it is not possible to add single access line apply on all documents. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@matt.watters

This seems to me like the obvious problem:

There are no records in the Access tab of the document revision page.

Right?

Without any access definition, there is no access to the document (apart from a Docman admin, which includes the application owner - IFSAPP in this case).

You need to contact whoever did the migration and ask about why the access records have not been migrated. It should not be hard to migrate them separately, with the right tools.

@Mathias Dahl the confusing part is with no access defined on the document revision, how is the user able to view the document through the attachment at the sales part?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@matt.watters 

> the confusing part is with no access defined on the document revision, how is the user able to view the document through the attachment at the sales part?

Agreed. That is confusing and I cannot explain it. Looks like a bug that it can be viewed by a user that has no access.

Then again, this is not what you want to focus on, you want to focus on getting those access lines migrated.