Solved

Access on document with Acces to object attached to the document

• 30 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

the Acess document is herited from acces template.

Is there a flag to allow or disallow the acces to document if permission set is allowed on Object.

Example : a user has acces to project. even if it is not added in access template the user has acces to the document.

Regards

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 4 May 2022, 08:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Djedai 

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking about.

Do you want to remove the default document access template for documents that are connected to certain objects?

If yes, a custom event could do it. When a document is connected to a certain kind of object (an object with a certain LU), you could remove all or some of the access lines that was added to the document when it was created.

Can you explain more about why you want to do this? Try to explain it in other words. Perhaps with more examples and even screenshots (if it makes things more clear.)

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

Thanks for your answer

Example : Employe form  for subcontractour : the human ressource attach add Identity Card to the employee form
so only HR shoud access to Identity Card when it open Employe Form.
But if a Manager for an other department (Production for example) open the employee form of the subcontractor , even if his has access to the employee form it shoud not have access to the identity Card by default. the access link between identityCard and Employee form shoud not be added automatically. The customer don’t want to remove the access link manually. 

It that more clear ?

As you said , the only way  access lines not wanted   is by Event ?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It sounds like the access template for Identity Cards should only include HR people and not managers. Then, under Access / Definition for each Identity Card, add a line for the manager as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Example see attachment

One line is added . The customer don’t want that to be added automatically because if any user (ex: Production  manager ) have access to the projet, it has automaticcally access to the document.

how to sold : event at creation document to remove that line. is that right ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Why use project-controlled document access then? I mean, it’s an optional feature. Also, you can always override the given access on the document side. Any of the admins of the document can do this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

you mean

if i remove it the acces to a project won’t allow to automaticcaly access to the document attached.

You are Right. It seems for this customer this default object access level should not be added

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What I meant was to remove managers from the document access template from the Identity Card document class. Since I thought the managers got their access that way.

Changing that line to No Access means that, by default, no access will be given to anyone, from a project, if a document is connected to a project. The document owner need to change it to View, Edit or Admin on each document that has project document access control.

But, setting that line to No Access for all document classes like that might not be what you want. Then project document access is more or less meaningless to have in the first place, unless every document admin sets the access to something else on each document.

I think I don’t understand what you want here, and the current setup you have, so I am not sure I can advice more. The answer should be in the documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r1/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutDocumentAccess.htm?StandAlone=true

Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks for your answer

Regards