Question

EXCEL Migration Issue

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I have created a simple excel migration job to create customers and address information.

In here, am passing the customer id to the second method as below.

When i run the job, i am always getting an error :

(Without the second method, if i only run the method to create customers it works fine - which means customer gets created without an issue)

Is there is anything am missing here?

Environment - 22R1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Inisrinip 

Instead of using this inheritance in a migration job with the procedure EXCEL_MIGRATION can you please try the rule FETCHCONDITION in the tab RULES of your migration job and then enter the rule value customer_info.customer_id=customer_info_Address.customer_id

/Jens

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I’ve experienced similar issues when I ‘Validate’. But when I directly ‘Execute’ it has worked.
I think Excel Migration thinks Customer ID is not created so it doesn’t exist and give an error during validation. But when you actually execute the job, Customer ID gets created before method 2 is executed so it works.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’ve experienced similar issues when I ‘Validate’. But when I directly ‘Execute’ it has worked.
I think Excel Migration thinks Customer ID is not created so it doesn’t exist and give an error during validation. But when you actually execute the job, Customer ID gets created before method 2 is executed so it works.

You are right. If you hit ‘Validate’ it will error, but Execute works. However, is this working for multiple rows for you? Mine, it always insert/update first row, but not the rest. If I copy other rows to first row, it works. Any idea?

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Check whether you’ve use ‘On First Row’ under method list. You may want to user ‘On New Master’. Unfortunately, I don’t have any samples that I’ve created that is easy to access at the moment.

1. Check the method signature: Make sure that the second method is expecting the correct type of input parameter. Verify that the customer ID is being passed in the appropriate format, such as a string or an integer, as expected by the method.

2. Validate the customer ID value: Before passing the customer ID to the second method, ensure that it contains a valid value. Double-check the Excel migration job to confirm that the customer ID is being fetched correctly from the source and is not null or empty.

3. Examine the second method's implementation: Review the code within the second method to verify if there are any logical or syntax errors that could be causing the error. Look for any potential issues with variable declarations, method calls, or data processing related to the customer ID parameter.

4. Debugging and logging: Insert debugging statements or log entries at various points in your code to track the flow and values of variables. This will help you identify the specific location where the error occurs and provide more information for troubleshooting.

5. Error messages and logs: Analyze the error message you receive when the error occurs. The error message might contain valuable information about the root cause of the problem. Additionally, check any relevant logs or error logs to gather more details about the error.

joey farias of pickleball