Question

Error: Field [ON_NEW] is mandatory for Deploy Definition Attributes and requires a value.

• 11 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear Community, @Jens (you're a DMM guru I've been told ;))

When using in Cloud 22R1 the Data Migration Manager, deploying the object Suppliers [SUPPLIER_GENERAL_INFO], we face an error when the output container is deployed, during the deployment: "Field [ON_NEW] is mandatory for Deploy Definition Attributes and requires a value.”

In the target table definition this field ON_NEW is not available. Has anyone seen this error before and has a solution to fix it? 

At the moment we can't deploy the data to the target environment.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

you can try the following please:

Delete ther yellow-marked entries please (the non-db column names). I’m not sure if the project is * or if there is also another project in place.

After that go to the target table definition, select your project id and your target table SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL and press the Extract Meta Data button:

At the end go to the Mapping Legacy Tables to Migration Object screen, choose your project id and your migration object where the target table SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL is and Resync Mapping Target Tables.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for the reply, no success yet with the suggested option @Jens, trying to get a meeting with Salwa for a remote session. Will keep this thread updated with any outcome.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I am also trying to deploy the supplier migration object (target table SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL) with only one row of data and I am experiencing the same problem with the same error message.

Were you able to make any progress on the problem?

I have set the SUPPLIER_ID field to autogenerated and so I have not filled in any value for this field in the data source, could this be the problem?

Thanks & regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Nikita38 ,

From the case we have running for this, solution by my colleague Michael. 

The error occurred when the data was deployed using the deployment container. After some small investigation I noticed that the error ON_NEW was caused by a value that was fetched from the target table definition, and specifically from both the “Insertable” and “Updatable” columns.

In the table that stores the target table definition I found out there was no values for both these columns for the “Country” and “Default language”. So even though the client displays for both the columns the value “Yes”, in the table is was simply NULL. So when deploying the value NULL was fetched for the ON_NEW during the deployment and that simply causes a validation error in the procedure, hence the error message.

Unfortunately the columns for “Insertable” and “Updatable” are not editable so there is no standard functionality to change these values. That is why in the target table definition page designer I made both fields editable. Then I changed the values for both columns to FALSE and then back to TRUE. This action made that for both my fields there were values in the table and the deployment now runs successfully. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the indicated workaround but I get an error message when I change the value of columns Insertable and Updatable to YES, either for the db fields or not.

Initially, in the SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL target table definition, the value of the two columns is No.

When I try to change the value to Yes, I get the following message:

Am I forgetting something or is this the cloud version? I am in 21R2 Service Update 3.

Regards.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Nikita38 ,

Perhaps if you set the auto generated value for the supplier ID to FALSE and then try to change the values for the default language and country? Then afterwards you can set the autogenerated column back to TRUE.

That is the only difference I see in regards to our setup. It might cause the conflict you are having. 

Kind regards,

Michael

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Unfortunately, I get the same error message :(

I will do a complete test case again.

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

IFS R&D found a bug, the reported it should be fixed in SU4 but in SU5 it still exists. Keep you updated here.

Badge +1

Hi,

you can try the following please:

Delete ther yellow-marked entries please (the non-db column names). I’m not sure if the project is * or if there is also another project in place.

After that go to the target table definition, select your project id and your target table SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL and press the Extract Meta Data button:

At the end go to the Mapping Legacy Tables to Migration Object screen, choose your project id and your migration object where the target table SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL is and Resync Mapping Target Tables.

This fixed the issue for me. Thank you!