Question

What scenarios should initiate a Purchase Order revision change?

• 21 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 4 replies

In IFSAPP10, I am trying to determine what actions on a Purchase Order (header, Part Order Lines, other tabs) will initiate a Revision increase on the Purchase Order Header.  As seen on the printed PO and also Misc Order Info> Revision No.

I have a user who expects to see the PO Rev up when a Part Line revision is modified. Similarly, they expect a PO Rev up when a Charges line is added. Those appear to be significant enough changes that we expected the PO Revision to change, but we do not.

Conversely, we do see a PO Revision change for something that seems more minor, such as modifying Misc Order Info> Ship-Via Code.

Can anyone explain or point me to documentation about the rules or logic?

Thank you.

Tim

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you reviewed the help for the PO Change Order?  The logic is explained pretty clearly there I think.

ifshelp.instron.com/ifsdoc/documentation/en/Procurement/AboutPORevision.htm

Here is a Version 9 snippet.

There are a few conditions depending on whether you are using confirmations, EDI/MHS handling, optional vs mandatory, that will affect the interaction a bit.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If you need to update something in the PO after authorization has been done, you have to create a Change order for the PO, and then PO revision updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Authorizations are not connected to Change Orders specifically.

You can perform purchase order authorizations without enforcing change orders, you can also require change orders or use them optionally without setting up or using authorizations.  One is not dependent on the other.

By process maybe, but not by IFS function.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@ShawnBerk and @AllJewelP Thank you very much for the pointer and details. I will do some additional testing based upon this info. My scenario in IFSAPP10 is that it appears I can add additional costs to a Released and printed PO, without it increasing the Purchase Order revision. I will attempt this again in our test environment.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So sorry that it took so long for me to get back to this…

@ShawnBerk   

Looking through the doc and running several scenarios of tests in our dev environment, I see inconsistencies between IFSAPP10 and

http://ifshelp.instron.com/ifsdoc/documentation/en/default.htm?openpage=http://ifshelp.instron.com/ifsdoc/documentation/en/Procurement/AboutPORevision.htm

One of the most concerning to me is defined below.

If anyone has an opportunity, I’d appreciate knowing if I am misunderstanding or testing incorrectly.

RESULTS

My Released and Printed PO’s Revision # does not change even when adding a Line with $ > 0 in the Charges tab.

TEST STEPS

1. On Screen: Purchase Order, Search for a PO, Status: Released. (With or without Communicated box checked)
  1. On Tab: Misc Order Info> (See Revision No "#").
  1. RMB> Print Order> Preview. Send emai. with or without selecting Print box. (Confirm the PO Header Communicated box is checked)
  1. On Tab: Charges> Add a Charge Type from List of Values. (I used “CERTS”)
  1. Add a Charge Price/Base. Save.
  1. On Tab: Misc Order Info> Revision No "#" did not change.

Note: Same result in IFSAPP8.