Solved

Supplier Shipments

• 19 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Can someone shed some light on how Supplier Shipments work in IFS? Is it only for Supplier returns? I tried to look for learning resources in the community, but couldn’t find any other than regular shipments which I am familiar with. If you have a link or a IFS document, I would be grateful. 

F1 help details that Supplier returns work for rental returns. We haven’t purchased the Rental Management module from IFS. Hence I would overlook the rental management part at this time. 

icon

Best answer by AkilaR 19 March 2021, 11:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes. Supplier Shipments for supplier returns. You can pick and deliver inspection returns to supplier. Normal part returns and rental returns both possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Piyal

My main question is - how should I create a new Supplier Shipment? That’s where I am struggling with the IFS flow.

Do you have a link to a tutorial?

Enzo

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It is normal PO flow. Receive to Arrival location, then you can inspect. Now Return the parts. In that dialog you can see supplier shipment detail. Return process completes when you delivered the supplier shipment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

When you use RMB option Return Receipt Lines in Receipt window Details tab (This will enable only if Receipt status is To be Inspected)application will automatically create a Supplier Shipment for that receipt.

Once you perform this you will get a pop up dialog box to register the inspection results and in there if you untick the check box Finalize Shipment application will allow you to complete the return for that receipt manually in the Supplier Shipment window.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That was super helpful both @AkilaR and @Piyal Perera .

Thank You and happy weekend!

Enzo

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

It’s glad to help @EnzoFerrari 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Supplier shipment is used to pick and deliver inspection returns to supplier as well to reserve, pick and deliver rental returns to supplier.

Inspection returns: return for credit/return for rework

You can start processing supplier shipment through purchase receipt for normal parts

(If ‘Finalize shipment’ is selected when registering inspection results, shipment is automatically executed with inspection returns. Default value: Site\Extended site Infor\Sales & procurement Finalize supplier Shipment Automatically)

Rental returns:

1. Release the PO the rental part (with serial) and receive PO in regular manner using register arrivals 
  2. Receive PO to the inventory by entering a new serial number. 
  3. Go back to PO and navigate to the Rental workbench or Manage rentals window
  4. Start rental on part on Operation mode and rental adjustments (events).
  5. End rental
  6. RMB-Supplier returns ->Return to supplier
  7. Return to supplier dialog box- Select whether to create new shipment or add to existing shipment
  8. Select yes to pop up message to view supplier shipment or RMB Supplier returns->Supplier shipment
  9. On the supplier shipment line Supplier shipment reason is Return Rental
  10. As the supplier shipment moves through the delivery flow, the shipment status changes automatically same as inspection returns. The shipment status can be: Created, Reserved, Picked, Delivered, Cancelled