Question

Supplier contact erases when changing the Delivery adress

• 15 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

my customer is having issue with the Supplier Contact being erased when changing the Delivery Adress on the Purchase order. Is this standard behavior or is it an error?

Thanks!

BR

Emma

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@emmanilsson did you check that the contact is valid for all addresses or connected to the new delivery address?

If your supplier contact is linked just to one address id, then it’s normal that it’s gone when you change the delivery address in the PO.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Marcel.Ausan 

Thanks for a quick answer. In contact we have a personal contact (a person) at the supplier. The e-mail adress to send purchase order to is in Communication Method, is this incorrect?

BR

Emma

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @emmanilsson , as mentioned by @Marcel.Ausan , your contact is only connected to the Supplier address ID “1”. Therefore, it will not valid for a different address. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna that is not the issue here. Supplier id 1 has nothing to do with OUR delivery addresses. We have about 75 different delivery adresses and I can´t see a connection between our locations and the suppliers contact information?

I created a ticket to IFS that recognized this as a possible bug, will update you when R&D returns :)

BR

Emma

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@emmanilsson in the screenshots that you shared, I see that the communication Method and Contact are both linked to Supplier Address Id 1. If you changed the PO address id from 1 to something else, then that’s the reason why the supplier contact disappeared.

Supplier contact in PO can be either a Comm Method or a real Supplier Contact. Sorry if I didn’t understand the issue that you’re facing.