Serial Rule - Automatic

• 15 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Hi, 

Anyone has experience using serial rule-automatic ? We tested, it's just sequential number.  Wondering whether it could be like manual serial,  we could set up prefix, length...somewhere in the system?

Thank you. 

Ron 

icon

Best answer by HoiAnushB 15 June 2021, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ronhu 

Have you tried below option with Sequence. When you click on ‘Sequence’  there you will get another dialog to add a prefix/suffix?

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Naveena

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Naveena,

thank you for your reply.

my question might confuse you. what you suggest, is the serial no manual creation process. i am talking about the settings below. highlighted in red.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you are using Serial rule as “Automatic,” the application will automatically generate the serial number sequentially. You cannot define a Prefix/Suffix/Length for that. As far as I know there is no such basic data to be defined.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ronhu ,

The capability of Sequencing which Naveen explained to you above, diminishes any requirement for user to have separate prefix suffix and length definitions when using Automatic Serial rule.

As I checked, there is no other ability to do this as you request in the standard system. But I think you can use Sequencing well-enough to generate serials ‘automatically’. 

Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you, all.