Question

Quick PO Registration in IFS Cloud 22R1

• 18 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello. 

Has anyone experienced an issue with the Project Activity Connection in the Quick PO Registration in 22R1?   I have been unable to get the No Part Lines to connect to the project activity and I end up having to back into the planned purchase order at the line level a reconnect the no part line to the activity thereby getting the Demand Code to change from Non-Inventory to Project.  It is not updating the Demand Code to ‘Project’ in the No Part Lines tab of the PO which is causing me to make the entry to activity in double steps. This process has been completely successful for another client in Aurena. 

However, entering Parts Lines from the Quick PO Reg is working perfectly. 

Any feedback or assistance is most appreciated. 

Thank you-  Joel Cisco (BA- Houston, TX)

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I believe this is an issue with the core version since the project connectivity is enabled at the start of the assistant step and should connect both part and no part lines at the end of the process.

I think this needs to be evaluated from RnD and corrected.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Rigslrosh.  Thank you for your informative reply.  I have also submitted an incident to the help desk and will ask them to follow up on reviewing this possibility. 

Badge +4

Hi @jcisco, any feedback from IFS ? We’re having still exactly the same issue in IFS Cloud 23R1. Crazy that this would not have been fixed until now … 

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Kind regards,

Thibaut.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello @ArcThibaD .

That’s interesting that you are still experiencing this issue with the Quick PO Registration in the updated 23R1 environment…  I have just tested a Quick PO Registration in one of my client’s 23R1 CFG environment, and the Quick PO Registration does appear to be applying to the Project Activity Connection to the new PO upon selecting in the ‘Connect to Activity’ Wizard.

I noted below that the Demand Code, Project ID and Activity Sequence fields have correctly populated within the Part Lines item without having to into the Project Connection a second time as in the previous 22R1 version.  

You may want to send a Help Desk ticket into IFS to review your project activity connection issue. 

I hope that I was of some help to you.   Best regards - Joel Cisco

Badge +4

Hi @jcisco with @ArcMichaM we are experiencing an issue that is quite strange.

We can indeed connect the Quick PO to a Project and it applies also to the No Part Lines, only it gives issues by the fact the Preposting does not get populated. Preposting on M108 PreAccounting Purchase Order No Part Line is activated for Project, but the Project information is not flowing in the Pre Posting:

Is the Preposting coming correctly to your lines or don’t you need it ?

In our case we need it and it does give an error when registering arrival for those No Part Lines as then the M92 Posting Control falls in error and we have no way to correct it, even with a Change Order …

Kind regards,

Thibaut.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Unfortunately, I cannot objectively comment on the Preposting & posting control errors. That would be more of a Finance department review. 

I do see that the materials ordered through Quick Reg PO (Part & No Parts) are flowing through the Project Monitoring’s Cost for Planned, Used, and Committed as would be expected.  

Badge

@jcisco Thank you for your reply, indeed all values are flowing through to Project Monitoring. However, we will open a case with IFS in order to get more clarity on this pre-posting issue.