Question

Processing return to factory - location error

• 13 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We received a customer-owned PO P181440 into U-08-03 a few days ago. There was no movement on the product, and now we are attempting to complete the PO return to pull it from stock. We’re receiving
the below error. Not sure what information we’re missing to pull this out.

Location U-08-03 does not exist

We have also received this error when processing RMA warranty back to factory as well

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Sandra,

Could you please specify below information too?

• In which version of IFS you are in?
  • When trying to return the part do you see the location U-08-03 from the list? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are in Apps10 Update 8

We don’t use the list we just type it in however when I check Warehouse Navigator - this is a valid location

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The location number required in this field may be different than what you are referring to as U-08-03.

Are you able to post a screenshot of the screen and error?

When you find the location in Warehouse Navigator, what is the Location Sequence and Location No values for the location called U-08-03?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Not really too sure what you are talking about in your answer but a screenshot of error is attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is what I mean, you said you looked it up in the navigator and can see the location - so it does exist, but which field does U-08-03 exist in?  I am pretty sure you are entering the wrong value in the Location No field on the Inspection Result, but I don’t know what the right value should be.  The very easy way to figure it out would be to just use the list of values instead of typing it in - same as you do looking it up on the Navigator.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Did that - same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@sandra.waud When checking the knowledge database, I found that same type of issue you have reported from the case: G2071002 in 2019. Can you follow the workaround suggested ? Please try this in your Test environment before trying in production. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, I would suggest you to create a support case.

Receive a qty of 1 for site xxx, part xxx, location xxx, revision xxx into inventory and then count it out. (This will establish the row in inventory part in stock)

Once this happens, you should be able to register inspection results and return the parts into the above location.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I checked and this was never linked to a project however it is Customer owned - would that make a difference

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@sandra.waud If you can create a support case, we can investigate the issue from application backend and find out the root cause.