Question

Obsolete Part Going to Auto Req

• 6 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We have a part that we have set as obsolete (customer no longer with us) but IFS keeps generating purchase req’s daily for my buyer.  I’ve used IFS all of 4 weeks and I have yet to find the fix.  Any thoughts?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Who is the requisitioner listed on the purchase requisition - just MRP?

Go to Inventory Part Availability Planning and locate the part number in question for the site you are working in.

The source of demand, if there is one should be visible alongside the created requisition on the All tab.

If there is no demand that MRP is trying to match, then check the planning method and determine if the source of demand is being driven by an Order Point setting or other scheduled demand rather than customer order driven demand.

Badge +2

From my past life if the order point was 1 instead of 0 it would still drive orders:

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK if the Planning Method is B, then it doesn’t matter what the Order Point is, it will drive requisitions.  Then the next question is if the part is obsolete, why is is still set for Planning Method B?

Badge +2

Good question and one I would answer if I knew honestly.  What should it be set to once the part is obsolete?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Planning Method A will only drive the requisition when there is a demand via MRP.  Otherwise, it just sits there without creating any supply.