Question

Is there a way to prevent the person who created the PO(Buyer) not receive in the PO?

• 3 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Is there a way to not allow the person who created the Purchase Order(Buyer) to receive in the Purchase Order?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @EDCLISA ,

From standard point of view, you can configure permissions of the users such that the users who are creating POs (buyer users) are not granted with the access to receive POs. So, you can create two separate permission sets where one allow only to create POs, and other only allows to receive POs. So, that those two permission sets can be separately granted to buyers and PO receivers (assuming that other permissions already granted to them, have no the particular access).

Other solution may be to develop a custom event with an event action, to generate an error message if the FND_USER (user) of a particular buyer in the PO is trying to receive the PO. So, ideally the condition of the event/event action would be like; if the logged-in user = fnd_user of the buyer (person) of any PO. This solution is suitable if the restriction needs to be applied in PO level, not the overall application level (ex: if only the buyer defined in the particular PO should not be able to receive that same PO, but other buyers should be able to receive it)

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks for your response.   My first thought also was to limit the permission sets but at this time they want to allow buyers to receive.   Thanks for the direction on setting up a message as a work around.  My thought would be also would be for consideration of data collection scanners but I think the custom event would take care of the majority of transactions in question.