Question

How to convert one PR into One PO through Automatic Order processing Job

• 21 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Can we know is there any setup to for automatic order processing functionality to convert one PR into One PO.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If only...we have the same issue.

If anyone has a work around would be lovely to see!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Matthew @InfSatyeS I had the same requirement recently and I had to create a custom event action to create always a separate PO from PR automatically.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Yes - it looks as that may be the route we have to go down.

If you have any snippets of code you would be able to share I would be forever grateful.

My current code for an event on this ‘little’ project is about 400 lines - so any tried and tested code would be very much appreciated!

That said - we are on Apps10 - so if your code was for Cloud…. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi All,

Not sure if you’re searching for the mentioned scenario as below, but PR can be converted to a PO automatically by having Order Code 5 (Express Order). Please refer to the explanation below.

“Express orders differ from normal orders in the way they are handled by the system. When a purchase requisition line having the Express order code is released (or authorized), it is automatically converted into a purchase order, which, in turn, is automatically released and printed.”

In order to use order code 5, we have to tick the “Express Order Allowed” checkbox in Supplier > Purchase > General tab.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Dilrukshi - The issue here (well in my case at least) is that it is coming from a non-inventory Sales Part demand (linked to a non-inventory purchase part) from a Customer Order. I am not aware of a way to change the Order Code on a system generated req.

I thought I would run through the process manually just to try